Find
Notify
Tools

Oil Paintings - Any Interest?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted
I have two oil paintings I picked up while traveling and was curious if anyone would be interesting in purchasing them. All the art in my house was either photographed by me or drawn by me, and as much as I like these I've decided to keep it that way.

These are both original oil paintings on canvas, but I think they are based on other drawings/photographs if that makes sense. I still have the artists contact info if I need to ask.

Painting 1:

Painting 2:

Thoughts on value?

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM SENT!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Who is the artist and are they signed? If it is a copy of someone else's work that could be a problem trying to determine value. All of that is way beyond me these days but it certainly isn't good. That is until another 50 to 75 years go by anyway. Then the copies if they are that, become more valuable. You will most likely need a professional appraisal after you find out more about the paintings. Even though you are an artist yourself you can not do your own valuation since you own them. It becomes a conflict of interest as I am sure you realize. That is of course assuming they are worth something substantial now. They are great looking from what I can see of them. That elephant painting does look familiar, but how many elephants look like that when mock charging?

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote