New
Find
Notify
Tools

Africa, fishing, fun stuff
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I do paintings in several areas and thought it might be of interest to some of you. The first painting is from Nelson's Spring Creek in the Paradise Valley on a spring day.
[imageURL=http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/PinMT/media/Springtime%20at%20Nelsons%2018x24%20lo%20res_zpszft5epqi.jpg.html] [/URL][/image]

This giraffe was one of several I have good reference photos of from my trip to Namibia a few years ago.
[image] [/image]

The last one is from a group of five copies, with a few changes, of "outdoorsmen in peril!" paintings I found in an article. It's interesting to copy paintings because I always learn something.
[image] [/image]

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I wish I was as good as you. Nice work.

Going to slink back into a hole now and not talk about art for a few months.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh no, cheer up! As my grandma taught me. " there will always be someone who is better at something than you are even things you are pretty good at, so just enjoy what you do, don't waste time comparing." You are probably very good at several things I suck at and at least one I can't do at all.

This leopard painting comes from a photo Bodo Meier sent me from his last trip to a national park in Tanzania. The leopard was actually laying on a picnic table in the park.
[image] [/image]

I get the magazine Hunter's Path from Germany which has some fantastic photos. I could not resist doing a painting from this image.
[image] [/image]
Even though the deadline for application is a ways off yet, I'm still thinking antelope...
[image] [/image]

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Nice ones.

Pronghorn antelope are my favorite animal. Have been since I was a kid growing up in Wyoming.

You capture them perfectly.

JAGDZEIT study is also amazing.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote