Find
Notify
Tools

Some of my Leatherwork
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jacko303.35
posted
G/Day folks I'm new too this forum and have been blown away with the Beautiful works of art depicted on these pages. I am posting my efforts with some trepidation against the works of art here.

I am self taught with my Leather craft, mostly Archery and bowhunting accessories but I've began to make Leather goods for my firearms as well. I'm on a very steep learning curve but it's a great outlet for my creative side. I use all these goods when I hunt or around the traps

A Red stags head study Armguard

Another Armguard, this one has a knife sheath attached that keeps my caping knife very handy. I made the caping knife using a piece of circular saw blade and the knife scales are homemade Micarta.. It maintains a scary sharp edge

Lastly a picture of my favourite hunting bow. I made it from Brigalow, a tremendously tough Australian hardwood back in 97 or 98 It draws 57# and acts as a fine club when a cranky Boar has a go - but that's another story. The Backquiver depicts Australian Gum Leaves and Flowers and has some of my primitive style arrows in it.

There's plenty more but these are perhaps the most relevant to the spirit of this forum.

regards Jacko

"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

-Charles Darwin

Posts: 34 | Location: Sth East Qld Australia | Registered: 02 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great work! Loving the quiver, mate!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great work!

A nation with dogs and whiskey beats Nazis. A nation with cats and spritzers is asking to be shoved around.

Posts: 85 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great work!
Like to se more

Cheers all
Vegard_dino

Posts: 316 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Real nice.

Posts: 1382 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 10 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jacko303.35
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind comments fella's, he's a little more of my work

I'll bet you didn't know that Winnie the Pooh was a Bow Hunter - What would you do if you lived in the 100 acre wood? This was my Daughters Quiver when she spent time at Archery with me

I have a dream to bowhunt Cape Buffalo with a Traditional Bow, this Pocket Quiver may be as close as I can get.

My first Armguard knife sheath. My leather tooling skills are a little improved since I did this.

regards Jacko

"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

-Charles Darwin

Posts: 34 | Location: Sth East Qld Australia | Registered: 02 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of homgoreb
posted Hide Post
That is some awesome work, love that quiver

Posts: 25 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jacko-

That's great work!
Look forward to more of your post tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful craftsmanship, Jacko!! You are a true artisan.

Posts: 129 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: 04 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work!

I would love to see more pictures of your bow

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote