THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting And Wildlife Fine Art    I think this should have just been wildlife fine art.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think this should have just been wildlife fine art.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
I am not so big on paintings of Africa, but I will tell you I love moose, bears, boars, stags, foxes, and grouse.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
D99,
Good suggestion.
Hunting and Wildlife FINE ART would get it all.
That includes Africa and India and worldwide, you name it, just fine!
Maybe Saeed could retitle this forum?
Might encourage a bit more traffic.
My big tusker masterpiece is not ready for unveiling yet. tu2

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And furthermore, it ought to include DOGS!
Sporting hounds and pets alike!

Hunting, Wildlife, and Dog Fine Art!

Cats are included under "wildlife."

My Pop was dying of cancer when I painted this picture of his American Eskimo named Dee Dee,
as a gag gift.
Pop had written a manuscript collection of tongue-in-cheek essays, from the viewpoint of Dee Dee the dog.
Dee Dee was supposedly a canine political commentator, styled after Dee Dee Myers, Clinton Press Secretary from '93-'94, first female to hold that office.
Regarding human politics in the Clinton and Bush years, she was a regular doggie genius!

You will notice that Dee Dee's favorite neckerchief had little green whales on it.
She always had "a whale of a good time!"

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Yes Dog and Horse art is great stuff.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tu2
OK, "Hunting and Wildlife Art" covers dogs, horses, all game from Africa and elsewhere, and even (ugh) house cats.

one of us
posted Hide Post
"Animal Art: Africa and More"
covers everything, including the hunting behaviors of humans, the two-legged animals,
with proper emphasis on Africa,
which is the center of the universe. Cool

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Africa is not the center of the universe.

Conversations about hunting in Africa are not better than conversations about hunting anywhere else. There are other adventures, other hunting destinations, and other places that can kill you and of course other animals beyond Cape Buffalo, Lions, Leopards, Hippo, Crocodiles, Rhino, and of course Elephant.

My 8 months spent in five African nations living or travelling and hunting has been interesting. I would say that it pales in comparison to the 5 years I have spent in Europe, and for the most part the 2 months I spent in Dubai, 18 months in both warzones, and even the 3 months I spent in Vietnam.

Africa is great, but you guys need to broaden your horizons.

one of us
posted Hide Post
D99,
You might need an attitude adjustment.
Africa is the aboriginal home of all humanity.
There is no other place like it.
Its music resonates in our genes.
What's the matter?
You ain't got rhythm? Wink
All human endeavors (hunting, art, wildlife conservation, etc.), and thus the entire planetary ecosystem as it currently exists, relate straight back to Africa.
Maybe the title of this forum should not change.

AFRICAN FINE ART, that covers it all!
Go ahead and post a horse, dog, or moose painting.tu2

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Rip,

I have hunted and lived in Africa, I just didn't think it was any more special than other places I have hunted.

Attitude adjustment? Why because I am not an Africa snob?

one of us
posted Hide Post
There you go again, trying to sneak a negative connotation in sideways ... "snob" ... is uncalled for ... the humblest of humans can be a good animal and howl at the African moon.

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Rip your telling me I need an attitude adjustment and then speaking ill of me for using the word snob?

I am a gentleman and I think I am done speaking to you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
D99 Sir,
It has been fun!
You have taken me wrong if you don't want to speak to me, so sorry.
But you have changed the name of the forum and you have done well,
thank you.

Thanks to Saeed too! Big Grin

Let's add some more hunting and wildlife art here. I will get my African paintings up eventually.
Here is an old study of a Fred Machetanz Dall sheep.
I painted a moose first and a Dall sheep second, teaching myself to paint with acrylic instead of oil ... first loves.
But I have since been totally warped by Africa.
Excuse me for howling at the moon. tu2

16" x 20" Acrylic on masonite,
An eight year-old ram?
And yes, I have a sheep hunting story.
Four of us went in to One Shot Lake, one at a time by Supercub on floats.
Two went out early after falls on the first day!
Lucky the pilot had to come back bringing the gear separately at the end of the day.
The remaining two of us came out a week later,
as scheduled,
but unfortunately with me having "doctored" the other hunter's dislocated shoulder.
Yes a third fall on the mountainside!
Three out four is not good!
With one ram getting flown out as I sat there waiting for the final ferry,
I figured I was just the lucky one, but was not quite sure about that for a while ...
some were scarred for life.
Ah, the joys of self-guided Alaskan resident hunting!

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Great!