Find
Notify
Tools

Tiger hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted
This piece is obviously not African it's Indian but I thought I would show it . I engraved this in 2003 and sold it at the Safari Club International covention in Reno 2004 The one and only time I have had a booth at that show. The engraving shows Tiger hunting in the days of the British Raj ,when Britain had an Empire, now sadly all gone along with the tiger hunting.I feel if controlled tiger hunting was to exist again it would help the tiger and generate money to controll the needless poaching for chinese medicine. Have you got any oppinions on this

The measure of a man is by the way he treats another www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk

Posts: 151 | Location: England | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it would benefit the tiger, which will dissapear in our lifetime is something is not done SOON!

Posts: 2534 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great work by the way

Posts: 2534 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
I agree fully.. Look what it did for the white rhino..

very nice artwork,too, btw!

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by byf42:
I agree fully.. Look what it did for the white rhino..

very nice artwork,too, btw!

Like the Crusader picture, here is St George our patron saint
I engraved him aswell

The measure of a man is by the way he treats another www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great work !

Well done.

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great work, I can't imagine the hours invested in such amazing pieces.

Jason

Posts: 144 | Location: sw Michigan | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Wow! Gorgeous!! clap

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I can't believe the detail in your artwork! Just outstanding!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Spectacular work and it’s of two of my favorite subjects.

Tiger hunting from the back of an elephant is (was) the absolute pinnacle of hunting, in my opinion. I’ve dreamt of doing it ever since I saw Tintin do it in a comic book.

St. George slaying the dragon symbolizes the triumph of good over evil. All cultures have a dragon in their mythology and for good reason: it represents the serpent Satan. The dragon’s defeat is Satan’s defeat, as per the Bible.

Again, wonderful work.

Posts: 358 | Registered: 15 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nampom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Johnson:
Great work, I can't imagine the hours invested in such amazing pieces.

Jason

Exactly my thought, unbelievable detail. How long would it take you on average to finish a piece like that?

All the best
Roger

VIERANAS Bow & Hunting
Adventure Safaris Namibia
#TPH00157

Roger@vieranasbowhunt.com
www.vieranasbowhunt.com

http://www.facebook.com/Vieranas.Safaris.Namibia

"The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport" Saxton Pope

Posts: 240 | Location: Africa Namibia - Kamanjab | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gentleman Jack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Whyman:
This piece is obviously not African it's Indian but I thought I would show it . I engraved this in 2003 and sold it at the Safari Club International covention in Reno 2004 The one and only time I have had a booth at that show. The engraving shows Tiger hunting in the days of the British Raj ,when Britain had an Empire, now sadly all gone along with the tiger hunting.I feel if controlled tiger hunting was to exist again it would help the tiger and generate money to controll the needless poaching for chinese medicine. Have you got any oppinions on this

How much for 1?

"There are creatures here that cannot even be found in books, and I have killed them all......"

Posts: 273 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted Hide Post
sorry for the delay in replying ,but have had major surgery, now on the road to recovery.
the tiger hunting piece would be $980