This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8111094321/m/2081008491

09 December 2013, 03:21
shootaway
Who is your favorite wildlife artist?
I was just wondering.
09 December 2013, 13:32
David Whyman
definately Simon Combes who was killed by a buffalo a few years ago, he is the best painter especially of African scenes that I have seen

The measure of a man is by the way he treats another www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk
09 December 2013, 20:08
Wink
I consider Nick Brandt to be the best wildlife artist. Some may consider his work as the finest animal photography ever done, as worthy as any other graphic artist. A link to his web site:

http://www.nickbrandt.com/

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.
10 December 2013, 01:17
shootaway
quote:
Originally posted by David Whyman:
definately Simon Combes who was killed by a buffalo a few years ago, he is the best painter especially of African scenes that I have seen

Thanks for the info.I checked out his sight and his paintings are really impressive.I just saw his Chui painting and that reminded me of my leopard.
WOW is all I have to say.He just became my number one painter.
10 December 2013, 01:46
SFRanger7GP
David Whyman. He may not be the most famous but he is a good man that loves life and God's great outdoors and it shows in his work. You can't go wrong commissioning a project from David.
10 December 2013, 07:36
Doubless
I really like Leon Parson. Well up in years now, and somewhat limited in what he painted, none the less, I have enjoyed him since he was doing the Outdoor Life covers in the 70s when I was a very young man...
10 December 2013, 07:36
jdollar
quote:
Originally posted by David Whyman:
definitely Simon Combes who was killed by a buffalo a few years ago, he is the best painter especially of African scenes that I have seen

+1. i have his big cat series of 10 prints with the coffee table book that accompanies them explaining the images and the research he did to paint them. my 2 favorites of his, though, are Kilimanjaro Morning and The Crossing. i met him 25 years ago at an art gallery showing of his work in SanDiego. a very fine gentlemen who enjoyed hunting, although he admitted that he kept that info to himself( until i brought it up) because of the art lover crowd who bought his work. a real tragedy to be killed by a cape buffalo while hiking on his farm in Kenya..

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…
10 December 2013, 14:58
Billsan
Charles Frace by far
11 December 2013, 06:01
shootaway
quote:
Originally posted by Doubless:
I really like Leon Parson. Well up in years now, and somewhat limited in what he painted, none the less, I have enjoyed him since he was doing the Outdoor Life covers in the 70s when I was a very young man...
His paintings look a little animated.I remember the covers of outdoor Life too.He was good at that.Very pleasant to look at.
11 December 2013, 07:44
billrquimby
Paul Bosman.
11 December 2013, 18:40
twilli
Chet Reneson
12 December 2013, 01:23
shootaway
I looked again at Simon Combes and although he is good I believe there could be someone better out there that no one has heard of.I believe that some artists see things that others cant.It is not only about making things look identical to pictures.
12 December 2013, 02:31
drummondlindsey
Joshua Spies has some great stuff out there. I have a giclee on the wall of some desert bighorns, I believe its called "band of brothers" and I really like it

http://www.shopjoshuaspies.com...p?ProductCode=BB2432

Here is a link to his african stuff…
http://www.shopjoshuaspies.com...Results.asp?Cat=1817
12 December 2013, 17:04
Matt Graham
So many great artists out there... I like Leon Fouche's work.

http://www.fouchestudios.co.za/

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

12 December 2013, 23:03
Orvar
Paul Jouve
12 December 2013, 23:28
Sean Russell
wildest artist I have seen works by is

Frank Frazetta----

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life
12 December 2013, 23:29
ddrhook
Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo
15 December 2013, 08:24
bro.steve
Impressionist--Bob Kuhn
realist--Carl Brenders
15 December 2013, 23:26
jk16
Robert Bateman
Leon Parsons
Bob Kuhn
24 December 2013, 17:09
David Whyman
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:
David Whyman. He may not be the most famous but he is a good man that loves life and God's great outdoors and it shows in his work. You can't go wrong commissioning a project from David.

Thanks for the mention Larry

The measure of a man is by the way he treats another www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk
25 December 2013, 08:04
Dall85
Carl Runguis and Gary Swanson.

Jim
25 December 2013, 17:44
mete
Robert Bateman has always been a favorite of mine.
02 January 2014, 07:19
Jungleboy
I personally like John Banovich's paintings, especially his cats.

I always try to spend some time at his booths at SCI.
05 January 2014, 00:07
Bearhunter
I always admired the color and detail of Charles Frace works.
05 January 2014, 09:12
Jefffive
Might find something you like here, including 14 by Simon Combes.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump
06 January 2014, 03:03
505ED
Simon Combs,
Joshua Spies
Adam Freeman

Just to name a few.

Ed

DRSS Member
06 January 2014, 03:06
BaxterB
Ron Gaines. If you ever get a chance to meet this humble yet incredibly talented person you will understand why.
08 January 2014, 08:25
sheephunterab
I like Joshua Spies.....he's a hunting fool and a heck of an artist.

Check out our hunt videos at https://www.youtube.com/channe...K-TVoxC2Q5oglxBiRP0g
09 January 2014, 21:00
Kensco
Dave Samuelson - His bird/animal composites especially.
26 February 2014, 22:37
bwananelson
MICHAEL SIEVE AND ROB MACINTOSH

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375
26 February 2014, 23:55
dogcat
Carl Runguis
06 March 2014, 00:00
shootaway
WoW so many favorites, most of which I have never heard of.I have no knowledge in art and just go by my feelings.I like Zimbabwe because I have been there and had a pleasant time.I like art that is accurate in a sense that the artist has lived the experience and that is on the same wave of emotion and perception as myself.
07 March 2014, 18:17
tsibindi
Eric Forlee
07 March 2014, 18:30
Matt Graham
What about Andrew Baldry?? Big Grin

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

07 March 2014, 23:18
Use Enough Gun
Jon Banovich, Sherry Steele, David Whyman and Leon Fouche. Big Grin
11 March 2014, 08:27
Leopardtrack
There is Banovich and then there is everyone else
11 March 2014, 23:26
Thierry Labat
Craig Bone and Andrew Bone are excellent. Check them out!!
Also a lady who is not well known, but is excellent at paintings is Lisa Masterson. She actually did a beautiful painting of a leopard taken by a trail camera and is currently doing a painting of a Lord Derby Eland for me. She is Zimbabwean as are Craig and Andrew.

20 March 2014, 07:35
Dahav
Bob Kuhn
22 March 2014, 22:58
boarkiller
Amanda Peet - Duel of kings

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”
26 March 2014, 02:07
vicvanb
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Ken Carlson. Bob Kuhn and Ken Carlson are considered to be among America's best--ever. They are painters, not illustrators. Ken is still very much alive and painting every day. Kuhn died several years ago. I've had the pleasure of knowing both of them and own several of their works.