New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lion King:
 Login/Join

Picture of Crazy Horse RVN
posted
I'm a long time lurker. I don't post much as I'm not an African hunter. I'm big on small game and bird hunting. I do enjoy some of the journeys you folks have taken me on.
I'm an amateur engraver and I'd like your opinion on this money clip hand engraving I've done of a male lion.

[URL= ] [/URL]

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions.

Posts: 16 | Location: S.E. PA | Registered: 27 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the metal? The look in the lions eye is very well done.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Crazy Horse RVN
posted Hide Post
The metal is what is commonly called "German Silver." It's brass with 18% Nickel content which gives it that silver appearance and also makes it much more durable than Sterling Silver. I've made other clips in Sterling, but as I said German Silver is much more durable in an object that would be handled many times each day.

The depth of the relief is .017 or a bit less than .5mm, and he ellipse is about 1 3/4 X 1 1/2 inches. The metal is 16 gauge or .050.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions.

Posts: 16 | Location: S.E. PA | Registered: 27 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with the "look in the lion's eye" comment. Very well done.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote