Find
Notify
Tools

Larry Norton and Joshua Spies
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
These are three of my favorite pieces. They are all three giclees, afraid I am not ready to enter the world of buying original paintings. I particularly like the old bull, The Trailblazer. Larry Norton has also got some beautiful prints available.

Mike

Posts: 21076 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Mike.
The best ones bring more than mere photographic realism and detail.
Landscapes, mood, atmosphere, imaginary and historical adventures ...
Good memories and good hopes.
Juxtaposing the perfect landscape details in the background with the perfect foreground subject like in the Larry Norton dagga cluster.thumb
What's the title of this one?

DRG says: "Kiss my liberal grits!" animal

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
"Zambezi Storm"

Here is a link to his website. The next print I want is Edge of a Bad Mood. Go to the link, then Prints, page 10.

http://www.larrynorton.co.za/

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have that last one by Joshua in my office, I will be stopping by his booth in Dallas for sure and may be seperated from some funds!

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Super paintings thumb

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you just had to post this link, didn't you?
Like introducing me to CM Safaris wasn't bad enough for my economic well being.

Thanks MJ, I think...

Rich
African Hunting Addict

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
All I can say in my own defense is that insofar as prints go, these are pretty darn reasonable.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
true.

The artwork is really lifelike. You can almost smell Africa when you look at them.

I am grateful.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried to order online? I'd love to pick up the print of the 3 giraffes in Etosa for my wife, but you have to register to check out. I am curious as to how bad shipping would be.

Thanks

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
That is how I ordered my print, on-line. I do not recall the shipping specifically but it was not bad at all. The first time they shipped the print it was in cardboard mailing tube and the post office ended up bending the tube and the print. I contacted Sara (Larry's wife) and they sent me another print in a plastic mailing tube and it came through perfectly. They also sent me another print for the inconvenience of the post office messing up the first one even though it was not their problem! Email Sara and ask her about the shipping.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll drop her an email.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
It's been 2 weeks and still no response. Confused