Notify
Tools

Rifle stock duplicator
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Still not sure why the OP keeps calling me a liar. I do own a rigby pattern; with the rounded grip, no cheekpiece, 1.5 heel drop, etc, and I was just trying to help someone with a project with a stock I have on hand (true, not a rigby). Sorry my efforts were not appreciated.

Can't fathom it. I try to help everyone.

You seem to have nothing to apologize for. Regulars around here, and your customers, know your fine character, incredible depth of knowledge, and straight shooting ways. Some folks we end up running into are going to be interpersonally dysfunctional. We all know this. Sometimes the best we can hope to do is maintain our composure and not stoop to their level, which you have done admirably.

I’m not trying to conduct a therapy session, but I would like to point out that this whole thread contains some great examples of both ends of the spectrum on public forum discourse. I love how well behaved most AR forum participants are, and without that decorum, civil discourse can’t really exist.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I had a place to put it. I'd buy that duplicator just to have fun with.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All I can say is WOW.
And this is not the Crater

Tom, I thought my day is bad since I am starting all over using Window's 10 from scratch.

Everyone sit back, take a deep breath, and slowly exhale.

Lindy, yes I wish I was a LOT closer to Tom so I could get the duplicator as well. Seems of late I have had a sizeable need for stocks

J Wisner

Posts: 1429 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The bad attitude and argumentative style shown by K98 and others have driven many away from this forum.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used DPCD for several years for both metal work and stock design. His work is among the best. He has duplicated 2 Rigby style stocks for me, both of which were sold here on AR. He reworked another stock for me by hand to the Rigby style look. His inletting, bedding, and eye for detail is fantastic.

And as to his character, I can find no fault. And I know him personally, have shared my home and table with him, and hunted with him at a time where he and another friend had to help me get out of the mountains.

Great guy with a dry wit and sharp humor. One of our best.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
The bad attitude and argumentative style shown by K98 and others have driven many away from this forum.

Dave

Not planning on leaving. That’s why I use the “Ignore Post” option.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
I come back to AR after and extended absence and my first act is to put this K98 character on my ignore list.

I have dealt with Tom for several years now and he is outstanding and as is demonstrated in this thread, far more patient with rude, ignorant asses than I am.

K98: GO AWAY!

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drhall762:
I come back to AR after and extended absence and my first act is to put this K98 character on my ignore list.

I have dealt with Tom for several years now and he is outstanding and as is demonstrated in this thread, far more patient with rude, ignorant asses than I am.

A lot of you must have sad empty lives lol. If any of you highly intelligent individuals could please explain to me how you think ignoring my post is going to make any difference to anyone? You spend time to come on this thread to inform someone that doesn’t even know or care that your alive, that you are ignoring their posts lol. About like sticking your tongue out to someone on the phone.
My favorite is the old grinch retard that supposedly ignored the posts yet continued to return to the thread. What kind of mental disfunction do you have ol man?
I think most of you wouldn’t know the difference between what is and what is not a true Pre War Mauser sporter stock let alone a true Rigby. Ol Tom is making a fool out of you if you think he’s made you anything approaching a true Mauser or Rigby.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by K98:[QUOTE]

Still digging I see...

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K98:

A lot of you must have sad empty lives lol. If any of you highly intelligent individuals could please explain to me how you think ignoring my post is going to make any difference to anyone? You spend time to come on this thread to inform someone that doesn’t even know or care that your alive, that you are ignoring their posts lol. About like sticking your tongue out to someone on the phone.
My favorite is the old grinch retard that supposedly ignored the posts yet continued to return to the thread. What kind of mental disfunction do you have ol man?
I think most of you wouldn’t know the difference between what is and what is not a true Pre War Mauser sporter stock let alone a true Rigby. Ol Tom is making a fool out of you if you think he’s made you anything approaching a true Mauser or Rigby.

K98, you've stated your indifference to forum interaction, yet here you are are, coming back over and over in this thread to get the last word, and insulting the other contributors in the process.

Look, DPCD tried to give you info to find what you asked about. It turns out what he offered is not what you needed. Why not just say "That's not what I was looking for but thanks for your time" and move on?

You're getting a lot of flak on this thread but it sure seems you've brought that on yourself with caustic remarks.

If you really don't value forum interaction, just make your final insults and leave.

If you do value forum interaction, man up and apologize for being a dick.

Either way, we all move on.

coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've gone through two bags of popcorn!
It's been quite a show. (shit-show, that is)

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would be "you're" and "dysfunction", I think. Slow down, you may be able to do better

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by drhall762:

I’m pretty damn knowledgeable when it comes to Rigby designs. Rigby changed many of their designs over many years, as the new Highland Stalker would suggest. A style is a style, but can always be altered to meet the needs of the bespoke or over the counter customer. If you think you have more knowledge of Rigby or Rigby styled rifles than me or DPCP, them call Duane Wiebe, and he’ll set you straight. Hey, if you want a Rigby styled rifle that’s great. Just show some humility to those who have been around, and they will help you get there.

Just quit pissing people off.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:

A lot of you must have sad empty lives lol.

Sez the guy that uses two different screen names on the same forum: K98 aka DP1975, lol.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
My Goodness! For a moment I thought I was reading a topic in the Crater.

horse

~Ann

Posts: 19153 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Good plan. PM me if you want to buy a duplicator and start doing it yourself. I have the pattern you want, for a Mauser, which you can alter for your 54. I don't have time to make stocks though. So the duplicator sits.

this way lies madness!!

Sorry, Tom, this is joshing you on this -- at least having a working machine isn't the affliction that build, rebuilding, and then redesigning a couple times, working from Les Brooks' basic design, one's own machine ....

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well if you look long enough? Really wish I could post pics but no matter. Found a real life no fake, no copy, no make believe no “pretty close just wood rasp it for 3 days” Mauser model B stock. Just laying in a table at a gun show with hundreds of mouth breathers stumbling past to look at the new plastic crowbar style “Guns” lol. The clown selling it had no idea what it was or were it came from said” I think it’s pretty old” duh. Matches all the measurements exactly to a diagram of the original Oberndorfs model B. Fits my M98 like it was made specifically for my action. All for about $1490.00 less than a pretender. I plan on having a copy made and loaning it out “for free” to anyone wanting an original without spent 2000$ and waiting a year for someone to get around to it. We will put an end to this Original Mauser sporter stock stupidity.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well if you look long enough? Really wish I could post pics but no matter. Found a real life no fake, no copy, no make believe no “pretty close just wood rasp it for 3 days” Mauser model B stock. Just laying in a table at a gun show with hundreds of mouth breathers stumbling past to look at the new plastic crowbar style “Guns” lol. The clown selling it had no idea what it was or were it came from said” I think it’s pretty old” duh. Matches all the measurements exactly to a diagram of the original Oberndorfs model B. Fits my M98 like it was made specifically for my action. All for about $1490.00 less than a pretender. I plan on having a copy made and loaning it out “for free” to anyone wanting an original without spent 2000$ and waiting a year for someone to get around to it. We will put an end to this Original Mauser sporter stock stupidity.

Ain't you special!

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:

Ain't you special!

For the life of me, I don't understand this guy's level of anger.

Let's hope he is done here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never put anyone on ignore off of this site, not even the Sharpshooter, until now. Wow.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your almost to dumb to respond to.

But that’s just you’re opinion.

rotflmo

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So he comes back on, shitting on the other gunshow folks for not liking or wanting what he does. All of which was how he was able to pick up his dream stock.
I think his mama pulled him off the tit to soon. Maybe he will see a shrink and resolve his issues and not be a life long prick.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest that a lot of ink is being wasted

Posts: 3454 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote