THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Decent price on a Heym/Martini in .404 Jeffery.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decent price on a Heym/Martini in .404 Jeffery.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Not sure about fees for importing CAN to USA.

https://martinigunmakers.com/f...martini-404-jeffrey/

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle. That rifle will be gone soon.

Posts: 670 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He won't send it to the states

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I have bought rifles from Ralf and he did send them to the U.S. Just takes longer and a bit more paperwork.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He has an agreement with Heym

How much where the import fees from Canada, tried looking but couldn't find anything clear

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve been torn since I first found the Martini Heym express in 404 Jeffery between it and a double. 450/400 or 450 NE. Been my internal battle for years now.

I know Ralf will be there to help when I’m finally ready to purchase. Lucky to have him up here in canada

Posts: 133 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Cost around $500 to get one of his guns through Customs and shipped. He does use a third party for this... it wasn't Heym.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:
He has an agreement with Heym

How much where the import fees from Canada, tried looking but couldn't find anything clear

I just had a Martin Hagn falling block rifle shipped from B.C. Canada to Arizona. He used an outfit in Oregon called Sundog Firearms as his agent. The fee was $300.00 plus shipping. Cheers. Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Cheaper than I thought. USA duty fees for Canada must be a lot cheaper than Europe to USA.
After the 3% bank fee net is $7,230 US. + shipping/agent fee and of course state tax unless you are an FFL buying for resale.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Import duties are actually quite small on firearms (although Trump may have altered that in some cases..), around 3%. There is no gov't fee to get an import permit, just the importer's time. If it's for personal use (not resale) you can do the paperwork yourself for free. The major costs are the freight (UPS and Fedex don't like guns so you pretty much have to use air freight or drive them across); the customs broker's fee; and the airline warehousing fee.

From Germany, they can just put them in the mail. One of the few mail services that will allow firearms. (USPS has no issue on this end).

UK is the worst. For some reason, the people that handle the paperwork on that side charge a lot of money.

France is straightforward, use air freight. Italy ditto.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a Hartmann & Weiss from Ralf probably 10 years ago. It was $250 shipped as I remember.

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That gun is sold some time ago. I called and checked.

Posts: 10146 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That gun is sold some time ago. I called and checked.

Temptation removed.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a Duane Wiebe 338WM/416 Taylor take down rifle for sale on there as well. What a beauty.

Posts: 157 | Location: san francisco bay area | Registered: 23 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a Duane Wiebe 338WM/416 Taylor take down rifle for sale on there as well. What a beauty.

That one caught my eye as well...

- Rudyard Kipling