THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Wiebe 500 Jeffery engraving (Trigger guard unit) Photo snapshots
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wiebe 500 Jeffery engraving (Trigger guard unit) Photo snapshots
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted
Another beauty from Duane. Mauser 98 with extended tangs. Looking forward to the seeing the assembled rifle...Roger

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Roger,
More beautiful work. Your work just has that nice clean professional "finished" look to it, hard to describe in words the way my eyes see your work.
John

Posts: 748 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Another one hits the "sweet spot". Very nice.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow.....lovely!

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Darn...maybe we shouldn't blue it ??

Posts: 3450 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the US treasury might investigate Roger's talent with (banknote?) scroll...absolutely beautiful!

Posts: 3450 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 223 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Yep. Think that every time I see fine work like that. Darn shame to subdue the look.

quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
Darn...maybe we shouldn't blue it ??

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang fine!!!
Thanks for showing off your fine art, sir.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent work, thanks for posting it. I guess I am in the minority. That will look outstanding after a quality blacking, just my opinion.

JP

Formerly JPaul

Posts: 60 | Location: Central Valley, California  | Registered: 03 May 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautifully done. Adds a lot of class and elegance! Can’t wait to see the finished rifle.

Posts: 85 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 24 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this the only engraving that will be done to the gun, or will there be matching engraving on the action and other parts of the gun as well?

Beautiful Art.

KJK

Posts: 677 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredible!

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1097 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Looks awesome Roger!! Another awesome combo by you and Duane! Hope all is well.

AS

Posts: 5 | Location: WI | Registered: 12 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Top notch engraving! Nicely done and the finished project will be a work of art I am certain.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Wonderful work.

I, too, would be tempted to leave it with a coin finish, but I'm not sure how one would do that and still protect the finish from rusting.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13378 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WEll...the comment was tongue in cheek...It'plenty fancy enough

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Classy. I like the 3D look to it.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work.
Looks much like Lynton McKenzie's scroll style.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
WEll...the comment was tongue in cheek...It'plenty fancy enough

Agreed. But one sometimes sees a coin finished bolt rifle.

Far more often one sees coin finished doubles.

The coin finish really shows off the engraving. But I have no idea what constitutes the "finish."

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13378 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's drop dead gorgeous! The stock also has fancy fluer de lis checkering! So...when I said "fancy enough" it came from my vantage point ...I'll post photos when it's all done. I think you'll agree.