New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three Position Safety CZ550
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’m looking for a Gunsmith who will install a 3 position safety on a CZ550 for a reasonable price.

Good hunting, Sako

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fast ,good, or cheap. Which two out of the three do you want.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fast, good & affordable.

Good hunting, Sako

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to AHR and get the #1 upgrade which includes the 3 position safety. 700.00

DRSS

Posts: 1148 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by degoins:

Beat me to it. Excellent workmanship, quick turn around, and great guy to deal with.

Interesting configuration with the rear sight. Care to give us some details on the rifle?

Posts: 1416 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
$700 for a safety?

Posts: 17018 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Looks like a lyman aluminum rear sight

quote:
Originally posted by Brandon.Gleason:
quote:
Originally posted by degoins:

Beat me to it. Excellent workmanship, quick turn around, and great guy to deal with.

Interesting configuration with the rear sight. Care to give us some details on the rifle?

Posts: 6355 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nah-----looks more like a Williams !!!

Hip

Posts: 1790 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
$700 for a safety?

Three position safety, straighten and fill bolt handle, replace trigger and action feed/function work.

Posts: 1416 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If that were my rifle, I would call a Dennis Olson and Wayne from AHR tos see what they could do for me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I doubt considering the bolt shroud a 3 pos. is possible, other than if you got enough bucks these guys can do anything..Im sure it wont be cheap...Id trade my gun for a pre 64 Win. myself.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41748 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After nearly 60 years with 43 P-64s and about two dozen Brno and CZ big game rifles, using these in wilderness work in northern and western Canada, I must disagree.

I usually agree with Ray and enjoy his posts immensely, but, my CZ-550 custom 9.3x62, with AHR 3-pos and trigger in one of the first Micky stocks they used and Recknagel irons IS a BETTER rifle than the iconic old 70.

Mine was all new parts built by a couple of the top smiths in BC and not very costly. Simply an outstanding working rifle and very close to "perfect".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayne at AHR does excellent work. I own five of his rifles.

Posts: 2575 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I doubt considering the bolt shroud a 3 pos. is possible, other than if you got enough bucks these guys can do anything..Im sure it wont be cheap...Id trade my gun for a pre 64 Win. myself.

The bolt shroud gets replaced with a new one, among a few other items. I have have done a bunch of them when Ed Lapour offered them for sale. More varience among Brno/CZ actions and a bit more work to do than a Mauser.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote