New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leather Covered Recoil Pad
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What type of glue is used to glue the leather to a rubber recoil pad???

Posts: 368 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rubber cement works well.

Posts: 474 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The old standby is "Barge"cement. (a contact cement) Can be found places like Tandy Leacher

Posts: 3453 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I, second barge cement.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks guys is Tandy still in business?

Posts: 368 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This would be a lifetime supply for me

https://www.amazon.com/Barge-A...+%2Caps%2C204&sr=8-4

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks everybody! Should have looked them up before asking if still business, they have close alot of stores in my area. At one time ther was two types of Barge cement one u had to have a business license to purchase was it better than the orange yellow one? i believe it was in a blue and white can ????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
good alternatives is contact cement by Loc tite

Posts: 3453 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
You can get whatever you need off of Amazon. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go with either Barge in the blue tube (no toluene formula) or use another type of cement for putting soles on boots. Like Angelus or Aqua Seal Neo. You want a neoprene contact cement that stays flexible.

Barge in the yellow tube is fine, but really smelly. Follow the directions or it will not work as intended.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Barge cement can be found in just about any hardware store.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THANK U ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES! i APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP