New
Find
Notify
Tools

Las Vegas Gun Show
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm just back from the Antique Arms and International Sporting Arms show in Las Vegas last weekend. This year there was a section for engravers and custom gun makers. It was a good opportunity to talk to some of the top custom gun makers in the country. Plus, a great opportunity to see and handle some of the finest firearms in the world. Where I live, the local gun shows are disappointing to say the least. The January Las Vegas show has always been one of the best in the USA for classic firearms. I only wish I could afford them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was mind boggling. Never saws so many model 70's and Winchester lever guns in one place; and most were priced way too high.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Vic

I usually make that show and the Knife Show. A few years back I met John Milius and Tom Selleck at the show.

They also hold a Tactical Knife show in one of the hotels but it's like $250 to get in and limited tickets.

I was on my way to Vegas in 2013 when I broke my leg in a cab accident on the way to the airport. I missed this year too.

Posts: 6379 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:

I was on my way to Vegas in 2013 when I broke my leg in a cab accident on the way to the airport. I missed this year too.

You probably shouldn't have been playing with sharp objects anyway Big Grin

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4191 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
I usually make that show and the Knife Show. A few years back I met John Milius and Tom Selleck at the show.

Selleck usually attends and sometimes buys guns for his next movie. When you see him with glasses in street clothes not under movie lights he looks like any other 60 year-old guy only taller. But my wife disagrees.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I was there Saturday morning until I had a recurrance of the flu. More high grade double rifles & shotguns than you will see anywhere. Made contact with several outstanding engravers, sending work to two of them.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

do not let those crazy prices make you reassess your very reasonable pricing structure.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote