New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Ken Howell" style sling studs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Since Brownell's stopped selling the Ken Howell in-letted sling studs that Dakota used to make I made some for my own use, and if you're going to make one part on the CNC you might as well make a hundred. So, I have the studs for sale on our website at https://americanhuntingrifles.com/shop/

They have an oval shape, 1.5 degree draft, come with screws, and are sold as a pair, in-the-white. I have the proper Magna-tip screwdriver bit that fits the screws perfectly to go along with them.

Posts: 1214 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice touch for a custom rifle!

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice adds a touch of class.

Hal

Posts: 160 | Location: Montana | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice work.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very practicl, as they don't twist with the sling. Look good.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1476 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My friend Wayne (Bitterroot) sent me a sample and they are every bit as nicely made as they look. The draft makes for a gap free inlet! Nice screws too~

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Received my order of these studs from Bitterroot last night. Side by side with the Dakota product that Brownells used to sell, Bitterroot's look way better finished. Will save a lot of polishing time.

Posts: 78 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 11 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must give all of the credit to my son Lucas for designing most all of the parts we make. I tell him what I want, he designs and writes the program, I load the rough stock and push the button, out pops a part. I keep telling him "make it smoother, I hate polishing". Cool

Posts: 1214 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are nice I just ordered 2 pair

Posts: 239 | Location: branson mo | Registered: 28 April 2010Reply With Quote