New
Find
Notify
Tools

Integral Rib Barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gasgunner did his barrel with two setups and not many tools. That was impressive in it's simplicity.

I believe the two setups would account for not many mills having enough X axis.

Four axis cnc would be the only thing that would make these barrels and economic prospect.

Full kudos to those artisans who cut them out on a manual mill.

I think these would be an interesting challenge ………..but I have to learn a lot more about Fusion 360 first.

I enjoy the conversation but don't miss the pissing competition.

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
to my eye the octagon portion should stop with the forend and be round to the crown in a rifle, with a full rib with iron sights. I repeat in rifle only, not manlichers..In a picture above the ebony forend extends beyond the octagon portion, but its repairable..just my personal take, not written in stone.

I have and old Brno with such a barrel and in manlicher styling..It seems perfect to my eye..Ive seen a schnable at the end of the octagon, and wood to the crown, and that's awesome IMO..

Octogon, half oct. and round, full ribs, quarter ribs, all these contours are the ultimate in gunmaking IMO..but have to be perfectly machined of course.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was some vintage ISS stuff brought up in that "BTT."

I do think manners are getting better on AR of late. Maybe not on ARPF, but otherwise better.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"ISS"??????

no habla !!!!!