THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Custom Pre-64 M70 Mystery Bottom Metal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Pre-64 M70 Mystery Bottom Metal
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted
I bought the bottom metal on Ebay. It is one piece steel, has inside bow release, straddle floor plate and matte blue. I have had it on an action and the magazine box fits up inside of the side rails. I have never seen anything like it. It is nice. Maybe someone can identify it for me. I dont know how to post pictures but I can send photos.

Posts: 1117 | Location: Moore, Okla. | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the trigger guard and floorplate the correct width for a M70?

One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted Hide Post
Yes-Its made for a Pre-64 M70

Posts: 1117 | Location: Moore, Okla. | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a Williams, which is no longer made. I am looking for one or two. Lots of dead ends out there.

Posts: 721 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted Hide Post
It could be a Williams but I dont remember it looking like this one.

One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted Hide Post
I just looked at Williams last web site and-yes it seems to be a Williams Bottom Metal for a Pre-64 M70.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blackburn made his M-70's with the mortise for many years...Later eliminated it as unnessary....

Posts: 3447 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote