Notify
Tools

Satterlee Arms 375 H&H
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted
This one is a recent production.
It is based on our Satterlee Standard Magnum action with a 4 down drop box.
This will be our 3rd build using the Smithson QD system, installed here at S/A. I'm happy with the system. The Barnes 300gr VOR-TX shoots well in this rifle as it does with many a 375, 1st round out clean and cold 2nd two nearly in the same hole at 100yds.
Integral barrel came from a Douglas Blank.

Posts: 1210 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Stuart. I really like the lines and proportions of that stock and Joe Smithson's ring system locks up like a bank vault.
Beautiful job!!!

Posts: 1214 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Your fine work is appreciated here. Would you ever entertain the idea of making a magnum action 350 Rigby like this one? For a future wealthier self. https://auctions.morphyauction...FLE_I-LOT487909.aspx

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
Your fine work is appreciated here. Would you ever entertain the idea of making a magnum action 350 Rigby like this one? For a future wealthier self. https://auctions.morphyauction...FLE_I-LOT487909.aspx

Holy crap that is a stunning Rigby. Refinished or not. Sackville addy and all.

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking rifle Stuart. Beautiful!
Roger

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:

magnum action 350 Rigby

https://auctions.morphyauction...FLE_I-LOT487909.aspx

Holy crap that is a stunning Rigby. Refinished or not. Sackville addy and all.

What I find intriguing is the 350 Rigby has a 24” barrel, and 15” Length of Pull and only weighs 8LBs 5 OZ . The early English rifles handle like fine shotguns

Posts: 673 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Very tastefully done.
Quite svelte for a magnum (a plus in my taste) and appears to be well balanced.
CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5100 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love it!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great - you could hunt most of the world with that one rifle! I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing Smiler

Posts: 223 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bitterroot:
Very nice, Stuart. I really like the lines and proportions of that stock and Joe Smithson's ring system locks up like a bank vault.
Beautiful job!!!

Thanks Wayne.

Posts: 1210 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is a neat old Rigby with great character that only the Rigby name and time can create.

I'm guessing the 350 Rigby is about like a 35 Whelen in performance? It would be a fun one.

Makes me think of a deer hunt I was on where I had a bull Elk at about 25yds from me, he passed on by and never detected me, that Rigby would have been perfect in that situation. I had a titanium M98 in 7x57 and a deer tag that day.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timan:
quote:

That is a neat old Rigby with great character that only the Rigby name and time can create.

I'm guessing the 350 Rigby is about like a 35 Whelen in performance? It would be a fun one.

Makes me think of a deer hunt I was on where I had a bull Elk at about 25yds from me, he passed on by and never detected me, that Rigby would have been perfect in that situation. I had a titanium M98 in 7x57 and a deer tag that day.

Yup. Nominal 350 Rigby was 225gr @ 2625

The 35 Whelen is the poor man’s 350 ;-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't stop looking at that thing. Just go on and send it to me. I'll pm you my address. I'll arranged to have one of my kidneys sold or something.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Nicely done. The Smithson scope mounts are the best system in my opinion. Solid return to zero but takes a real craftsman to execute them. I also like the fact that if one decides to go open sights only, once you put the covers in, you have a nice clean double square bridge look. Just do not like the looks of claw mounts on a rifle without the scope mounted. I guess the same as well with the H&H system.

JP

Formerly JPaul

Posts: 60 | Location: Central Valley, California  | Registered: 03 May 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stuart, is that the 375 you made for my friend Todd K?

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote