Notify
Tools

A typo (extra 9) in the price?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
See if someone bites on this one.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5095 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i don't know!!!...that might be a very valuable quarter inlaid in the stock...!!!!...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
His comment at taking ammo in trade- at current prices, a couple K of .223/9mm and you get the rifle...

The price might have been ok with JOC provenance but even $1k sounds a bit high (given you don’t even know who made the thing)...

I gotta have 2-3 guns owned by Patton, a rifle owned by Selby, and a bottle of scotch straight from the Ruark estate if you believe ever story told by a gun store salesman!

Oh, and a Dakota rifle owned by FC Selous himself!

Big Grin

Posts: 10554 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whomever polished that thing should be ashamed of themselves. The checkering certainly doesn’t help any either. Good luck to the guy selling it, I hope he finds the right sucker.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whomever polished that thing should be ashamed of themselves

tu2

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Yep. $395 on most any gun rack, essentially worth the sum of it's parts. Books & knife, no clue of their worth.

quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
His comment at taking ammo in trade- at current prices, a couple K of .223/9mm and you get the rifle...

The price might have been ok with JOC provenance but even $1k sounds a bit high (given you don’t even know who made the thing)...

I gotta have 2-3 guns owned by Patton, a rifle owned by Selby, and a bottle of scotch straight from the Ruark estate if you believe ever story told by a gun store salesman!

Oh, and a Dakota rifle owned by FC Selous himself!

Big Grin

Posts: 5095 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, trying hard to "attach" it to Jack O'Conner. There's a sizeable crack in the buttstock, obvious in the photo with the quarter. Good luck with that one!

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked and was pleasantly surprised to find a link to Jack O'Connor's June 1969 shooting column:

https://jack-oconnor.org/wp-co...-June-2013-02-09.pdf

Wow, that is a cool link!

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Yes. One more reason why Jack O'Connor would never have owned this rifle.
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Yes, trying hard to "attach" it to Jack O'Conner. There's a sizeable crack in the buttstock, obvious in the photo with the quarter. Good luck with that one!

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
A shiny fresh apple amongst the brown spotty ones for sure. I read every word. Thanks for bringing it to light. May not have read it otherwise.
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I looked and was pleasantly surprised to find a link to Jack O'Connor's June 1969 shooting column:

https://jack-oconnor.org/wp-co...-June-2013-02-09.pdf

Wow, that is a cool link!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a typo. Delusional is what it is. Several weeks ago he was at $12,000.

Posts: 249 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by disassembly:
Not a typo. Delusional is what it is. Several weeks ago he was at $12,000.

Oh my! You are so correct!

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Disgraceful con job.

Posts: 630 | Location: Australia | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
fiddy dollars

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3038 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This quote from the ad should be enlarged in bold and placed right up front:

quote:
“Unfortunately, there is just no way that I can validate this story or any specific connection to Jack O’Connor.”

Because really, he could just admit that his dad was a sucker...

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote