New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winston Elrod
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where does Winston Elrod fit in the hierarchy of gun makers? I just recently became aware of him.
Not looking for hate or adoration, just what do people know about his work...

THanks

Posts: 10135 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what other people think of his work, but I used to see him at MI gun shows 20-30 years ago, and his custom stocks looked really nice, to me.

Posts: 265 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He built a gun for me MANY years ago and did a fine job, but have not heard of him now for a long time.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted Hide Post
He will be at the Tulsa, OK show next April.

Posts: 1117 | Location: Moore, Okla. | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one of his rifles-a 270 built on a G33/40. Weighed 6lbs 12 oz without scope. Finest handling rifle I’ve ever come across. But...could not get it to shoot. My N is only =1, so I don’t know if that’s a pervasive finding.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of Elrod's bolt rifles is listed on Morris Hallowell's web site. It is a beaut: http://www.hallowellco.com/win...0338%20win%20mag.htm

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's an Elrod/Stickley floating around for around $10K.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote