Notify
Tools

Double Set Trigger Thoughts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Any chance you might have a pic of what you're referring to, Duane?

No I don't, but the DST hardware is illustrated in the NECG or the Redknagel catalog.

Posts: 3451 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Before and after pictures showing the replacement of the DST with a SST, hinged bottom metal and 3-position swing safety. Looks great and should be much more functional for a dangerous game rifle. Well done Lon.

Mike

Posts: 21193 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perfect.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you remove the double set trigger it requires a mill cut in the bottom metal and that leaves an ugly gap, and that can be used as is but it bothers some, me being one of the "some"...so you need to tig the gap up or install a block to make it look right..Its an if its worth doing its worth doing right, as Wayne suggests...

My best one was a friend of mine said take out these double sets in my Brno, I can,t shoot them, I want the same trigger pull as on my .270, try this 270, I weighed the pull with the 270 high dollar trigger 1.5 oz..same as his mod.21 Brno on set.. homer Then when I lightly bounced his high dollar trigger off the floor it snapped. I sent him home mumbling to himself, stumbling as he walked and driving like a drunk.. rotflmo

If ones gun goes off with double triggers it,s not because the trigger is light its because one pulled the trigger, fat fingers, all you are supposed to do it touch the trigger, simple as that, practice probably helps..We tend to blame the gun, the trigger, the sights, the animal, and LOrd knows what else because WE MISSED..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have several sets of double set triggers I took out of Brno mod 21 and 22s around here someplace if anyone is interested, id sell them pretty cheap, like $50 a set, and thats if I can find them.. Roll Eyes

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Timney can match a double set when properly adjusted. set it and touch it...out of a stand or long distance on a bipod tough to beat.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Surprise release is for bow hunting. I never liked them on any of my rifles.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great Mike, Lon does great work, Are you going to shoot it open sights or try and mount another scope?

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote