THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    This forum needs a different pic - here is a better idea...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This forum needs a different pic - here is a better idea...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yes, the rifle illustrating the custom rifle forum is a custom rifle, but if you look at the discussion threads, the focus is on blued metal and fine wood.

If not too much trouble, it would be great if we could rotate the pic once a month with different rifles, preferably ones built by those who post here.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a very good idea. I wonder whom might implement that notion? the rifle in he photo does in no way represent the content of this forum. I'd be first to offer a photo.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1777 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very good idea.

Craftsman

Posts: 1530 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
......always wondered why there was a benchrest rifle on this page....

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send the request to Saeed or whomever manages this forum, not sure who it is.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I requested it on the suggestions forum; just wanted to get some feedback here before I did it.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although I have a few "customs" resembling the above pic, I do NOT come to this forum for that kind of treat.

I agree with you all.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yumastepside:
......always wondered why there was a benchrest rifle on this page....

Roger

It is a custom rifle, but maybe not the notion you had in your brain.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So many incredibly beautiful rifles have been shown on the forum, would be nice to see them in the banner
& change them every few weeks. Crediting the rifle builder would be a plus.

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
The rifle, builder and specs would be nice. But even the lone photo of a fine specimen would be great. A new one each month. Thanks for the ideas, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo rotflmo You're all so funny! rotflmo The pic for this forum will change about the same time that the one for the African Big Game Hunting Forum does! Good luck! rotflmo jumping Or, better yet, when any of other pics for all of the rest of the forums change! rotflmo rotflmo Don't hold your breath! Big Grin Over the years, changes to different pics have been asked for, many, many times, regarding pics on some of the other AR forums, and to date, nothing has changed! tu2

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Yep unfortunately these days on this website to get noticed you have spew filth on the Political Forums. The African Forums are pretty dead, few post hunt reports anymore and same here on the Custom Rifle forum. A few stalwarts soldier on but many have left for other venues. Sad but I can't say it's not unexpected. Just my $.02 and worth exactly that.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7509 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote