Find
Notify
Tools

mauser stock pattern/drop mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted
I need to find someone that has a good classic pattern stock for a M98 with drop metal that I can get to turn a blank, either mine or theirs. I am looking for good work. Thanks, Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2246 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
Talk to Gene Simillion

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Aaron, he was my first thought, but he has no website and I am not and never will be a social media participant, call me weird. I tried to call a time or two a few years ago and never got a return call.

N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NECG did exactly that for me a few years ago. They no longer list a duplicating service, but it would be worth a phone call.

Posts: 77 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 11 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lee, I’ll text you today, the guy that turns my stocks should have a drop box pattern.

http://www.gunstockduplicating.com/duplication.html

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If not, Dennis Olson has my old drop box pattern and its a copy of a Holland and Holland give him a call 406-826-3790..Several others asked if they could copy it, and I said yes..A fellow in Boise thats good copied it as I recall..I may even have one in that pile so if no luck call me and Iwill find it maybe..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
I have a Frank Wells made drop box 416 Remington built on a Mauser that I would like to make a pattern stock from. I would be happy for Aaron to store it or for his duplicator to store it for everyone’s use. What does it cost for the duplication and what are the chances that the process will hurt my investment? My rifle is not pristine but the stock is not too dinged.

Thanks,

RC

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You probably have to remove the recoil pad, the make something to hold the forearm..I wouldn't do that..Id make a pattern stock to the same exact demensions and use that for building stocks..Ive done that off my Holland and Holland and others. Once you have exactly what you want in the pattern stock and someone wants a change, you can usually do that with bondo that can be sanded off.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Well, my Swift/Blackburn Rigby bottom metal came in today.Really nice for the price. It is a 4 round drop mag and I got lucky. I had opened the receiver up front and back a year or so ago and was surprised that I was lucky enough that I only had to take about .030 additional off of the back of the receiver to fit it up. A little more rail work and it should be good to go.
Now I can work on getting a stock . Thanks for the help and advice, I will make some calls next week.

N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Shane Thompson in Soda Springs Idaho. I believe he does stock duplication and has a number of patterns. I don’t know if this info is current:

Shane Thompson
THOMPSON, SHANE DALE
1629 LOWE ROAD, SUITE B, SODA SPRINGS, ID 83276
(208) 547-0383

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3269 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote