THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    New integral rib barrel from gasgunner
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New integral rib barrel from gasgunner
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
For your next integral barrel, try a K&P Barrel.
Any twist you want cnc cut rifled.
Quick production time, short lead time.
Excellent accuracy.
Just finished A 1/2 inch 416 Rigby Fully
Integral K&P by Sunny Hill.

Posts: 1210 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timan,

any photos to share ??

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally got the rifle back from MPI Custom Stocks. It was a long wait. As some of you know, "Doc" the owner of MPI and contributor here passed away a few years back. His daughter Lisa now owns the company. She did a very minor name change. It's called MPI Custom stocks now and she relocated it to Washington state. I think Lisa pretty much runs the business and her younger brother built the stocks. Right in the middle of this job her brother unexpectedly passed away and this really messed things up for a few months. She's up and running again but it seriously delayed my job. I like the stock. It fits well and looks good. There was a little miscommunication and the forend is a little long but I'm just going to hunt it and in a few years and when it needs repainting I'll get it shortened then. The stock is their Dakota pattern with the oval cheek piece added. It looks black in these pictures but it's actually a dark brown.

James Anderson is doing the metal work and after I go to the range and confirm it shoots ok it'll go back to him for a minor polish and rust bluing.

This isn't going to be a high-end custom like most of the ones pictured here but a solid semi custom hunter that I won't cry over when it gets scratched up. It has Wiebe bottom metal, Burgess style cam lock scope mounts and is chambered in 280 Remington.

A huge THANK YOU goes out to John Holliger and James Anderson for all the assistance with this project!

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Terry, long time no see. John and James are very top notch people. What receiver is it built on? Call me sometime.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Hey Terry, long time no see. John and James are very top notch people. What receiver is it built on? Call me sometime.

It has been awhile. I've just been plugging away in a different direction the last couple of years. I'll call soon. The receiver is BRNO 21H

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Fine choice of action. Will you keep the ZG-47 style safety/shroud?

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5100 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Terry,
That looks great, James did his usual fine job. I know there was still a lot of work yet to do on that barrel when he got it. You've got a one of a kind there.

John

Posts: 547 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Fine choice of action. Will you keep the ZG-47 style safety/shroud?

Yes, it has had an original ZG-47 trigger too. IMO, one of the best trigger/safety combos ever made.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gasgunner:
Hi Terry,
That looks great, James did his usual fine job. I know there was still a lot of work yet to do on that barrel when he got it. You've got a one of a kind there.

John

Thanks John, I can never thank you enough for your gift. The barrel is a work of af art. James Anderson is one of the best in the trade and I consider myself blessed to have him as a friend and a gunsmith.