THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    I could use some nice eye candy. Blued steel & nice wood appreciated.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I could use some nice eye candy. Blued steel & nice wood appreciated.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Been bored. Need a fix. Sure would be nice to see some beautiful customs here on AR.
Here's a few to get the thread started.
Please click on image for larger picture. Repeat for an even larger one.

Top: Al Lind Pre-64 Model 70 in .270 Winchester
Middle: Pete Grisel billet small ring 98 in .280 Remington. Wood by Al Lind. Metal refreshed by Roger Ferrell.
Bottom: Craig Libhart stocked and refreshed all the metal work on this small ring commercial Brno 98 Mauser Model 22F in 7X57.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
This is one I finished last month. My own action in steel, intermediate small ring 98, 7x57. K&P CM 1-8 turned to my spec. Rust blued here by me, wood supplier Cecil Fredi. Nice straight forward build.

Posts: 1207 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Timan, gorgeous and not gaudy. Bravo! Classy!

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Custombolt, The pics are fuzzy. Can’t see the beauty.

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
boom stick
posted 02 June 2020 16:08

Custombolt, The pics are fuzzy. Can’t see the beauty.

Click on the photos once and they enlarge. Click again for further enlargement. Custombolt has posted some quite nice pics. Not at all fuzzy.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1991 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Thanks

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Great eye on that blank Timan. If Fredi was local I'd probably have to attend some sort of therapy class. Hah! Nice piece all around.
Repeats encouraged as well. Novice to professional jobs all good.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Here's one of Lon Paul's. Not mine. FS on GI.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My very first "expensive" rifle was a ZKK 602 in 458 Lott done by Lon Paul. He knows how to build a safari rifle.

Posts: 20074 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Yes he does !

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
BTW. The Brno wood shown above (at bottom) was supplied by Cecil Fredi.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timan:
This is one I finished last month. My own action in steel, intermediate small ring 98, 7x57. K&P CM 1-8 turned to my spec. Rust blued here by me, wood supplier Cecil Fredi. Nice straight forward build.

Outstanding

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great eye on that blank Timan. If Fredi was local I'd probably have to attend some sort of therapy class. Hah! Nice piece all around.

Well folks, Cecil Fredi lives about 6 minutes from me, and my therapy is to go over to Cecil's and walk through his huge warehouse full of custom gun stock blanks. Big Grin If you can dream or desire it, Cecil's got it. Many of my custom rifles are stocked with his wood, and Cecil has, in addition, built me 5 custom thumbhole rifles, using fiddleback myrtle, tiger myrtle, shell maple and bastogne walnut. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Ray Fryar
posted Hide Post
Here is one that i built from a DeHass design [IMG:left] [/IMG]

Ray
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member

Posts: 103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Use Enough Gun; Care to share some photos of these rifles? I'm retired and caught up in my projects until I get a pig hunt going somewhere down south and can try and load them here if you are unable.

quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:

Well folks, Cecil Fredi lives about 6 minutes from me, and my therapy is to go over to Cecil's and walk through his huge warehouse full of custom gun stock blanks. Big Grin If you can dream or desire it, Cecil's got it. Many of my custom rifles are stocked with his wood, and Cecil has, in addition, built me 5 custom thumbhole rifles, using fiddleback myrtle, tiger myrtle, shell maple and bastogne walnut. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Here are some of the thumbholes Cecil custom built for me years ago. Thumbholes might be ugly to some, but are beautiful to me, and once you use one and see how tight and steady you are with them, you enjoy shooting and hunting with them. All were built upon Winchester Model 70 actions and barrels, and are properly bedded. All of mine are super accurate and have taken various critters in the U.S., Africa and Mexico. The top three have been on safari to Africa numerous times. Top to bottom: 270 Winchester stocked in Tiger Myrtle; 375 H&H stocked in fiddleback bastogne walnut; 300 WSM stocked in fiddleback Myrtle; and 22-250 stocked in shell Maple. Missing is the 458 Lott thumbhole stocked in fiddleback bastogne walnut that is a twin to the 375 H&H pictured above. Big Grin I also have another 300 WSM, a 325 WSM, another 375 H&H, another 458 Lott, and a 470 NE double rifle that all wear Cecil's custom wood in traditional stocks. The beauty of it all, is that when I decided to re-stock them, I drove over to Cecil's and personally picked out the wood to stock each gun with (with Cecil's help and advice of course). Big Grin Unfortunately, you cannot see the detail of the cap of wood at the end of each forearm, but each is different and absolutely beautiful. Same with each grip cap. (i.e coral ebony is one as an example). There is not another 'candy store' like Cecil's to make you a happy man! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I already got carried away once with Cecil's blanks. I intended to buy 2 (via email) and bought 8. Only used 3 or 4. Sold the others at a loss.
Nice group there. Thanks to all.
Hope to see more soon.
CB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
7mm Rem Mag that I built on a Weatherby Vanguard action barreled with a 24" Douglas tube. Stock is from a blank I got off of Ebay. It was for my wife's niece to give to her husband on their wedding day.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Awesome piece. Very generous. Thank you.
CB

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I guess this post is about dead. Thanks to all who responded. Ray

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's some eye candy from my past. I got hooked on the custom gun "lust" in the early 80's, and haven't been the same since!!
All of these now reside with new owners, who I'm sure are enjoying them as much as I did.
Seems as though before the current project is even completed, there's already plans for the next.
What action, what caliber, the search for that special piece of wood,...you custom guys know the feeling!!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/yCpAfHE"><a href="//imgur.com/a/yCpAfHE"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/yCpAfHE"><a href="//imgur.com/a/yCpAfHE"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/yCpAfHE"><a href="//imgur.com/a/yCpAfHE"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min

Posts: 675 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, damn it................I tried, but that Imgur photo share site just didn't work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone would load up some of my photos, I sure would appreciate it.
I'd be happy to email them.

Ed

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Hope it worked this time......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
YESSSS!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a little info........

picture #1 This is the one that started it all...built by Dale Goens in the early 80's.
#2 My favorite, hunted with it for 14 years.
#3 My first single shot, Ruger no. 3, in 250-3000
#4 Savage break open in 218 Bee
#5 Another no. 3 in .257 Roberts

Thanks for looking.
Ed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice! tu2

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
You da man Ed. Thanks. A proud lot for sure.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
That is the best that Savage ever looked Ed. A fine bit of work to take it from eh to elegant.
Who made the scope mount?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I once owned this. Bennie Laubscher (South Africa) 7x64 on a Mauser 98. But truth to tell it was too nice to use and had only a 22 3/4" barrel so I sold it.

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
custombolt...........that Savage was built by Bob Gipson, a very close friend of mine who has built a number of rifles for me over the last 25 years or so.
He has slowed down quite a bit, at age 80, and I feel fortunate to get the 1 or 2 complete rifles he does a year.
That quarter rib is a nice piece of work, as is the stock work on a lovely piece of walnut.

Thanks for the compliment, I'll pass it on to Bob.

Ed

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post

Here is another rifle. 338 Win.Mag. finished this week.
I made the action and extended the tangs, stock work by me, bluing by me. Morris Melani contoured the K&P CM barrel blank and Jesse Kaufmann engraved it.

Posts: 1207 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Wow!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7509 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stuart. This one is right at the top. I just love it when all the parts and metal work match. A fine blend of difficult-to-master crafting to say the least. Much appreciate the uninterrupted flow with no one feature standing proud. To steal a phrase. E Pluribus Unum.

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Thanks Stuart. This one is right at the top. I just love it when all the parts and metal work match. A fine blend of difficult-to-master crafting to say the least. Much appreciate the uninterrupted flow with no one feature standing proud. To steal a phrase. E Pluribus Unum.

Thank you, I appreciate your fine compliment. It's truly an honor I think for all of us working in this trade to have the support of our clients, who really are the true key elements in every one of these projects. Without those individuals this work would cease to exist.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. Great attitude as well. Many of the customs that stick in my head were shared right here on AR. Quite an honor in itself.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy crap Timan that is nice.
Pretty amazing we've got a bloke on here that makes his own "98 action from scratch then builds it into a rifle like that.

Posts: 630 | Location: Australia | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timan:

Here is another rifle. 338 Win.Mag. finished this week.
I made the action and extended the tangs, stock work by me, bluing by me. Morris Melani contoured the K&P CM barrel blank and Jesse Kaufmann engraved it.

Sick!

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timan,

Absolute perfection!

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SingleShotGuy:

Hope it worked this time......

Without seeing your handle, my mind was telling myself this is a single shot guy!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote