Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1021 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Liked that a lot when I saw the earlier unfinished version. The finished version is even better. You are very skilled and talented as well as being artistic. I believe that stock profile is about as good as it gets.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Exquisite! Lucky client!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1307 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very very nice. Great work!

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!
Love that grain!
NECG sights?

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
I may have just peed a little

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is my rifle, and Aaron did a hell of a job on it. This quality of work is incredible, and when you consider he is not yet 30, it is even more impressive. I love the extended tangs and case colors, and John Todd did a hell of a job on the engraving.

Best part is that it is in Tanzania with me now and will head out to shoot a buffalo in a few weeks.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice Aaron and it looks to be in good hands.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful rifle. Fantastic work!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My word. Rifles don’t get much better than that! The beautiful wood, case coloring, engraving, gold enlays small but tasteful, red buttpad, slim forend and black forend tip, sights, etc. Eeker

And in my favorite big bore caliber to boot. Smiler

What is the final weight of the rifle?

How long is the barrel?

She’d look great in my safe and hands... Wink

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle. Hope you take a nice old buff with it. Congrats

Posts: 130 | Location: Ozarks | Registered: 04 August 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Outstanding work!

Congratulations to Aaron for a job well and truly done, and to StormsGSP on his new buffalo rifle!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 603 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice......really like that stick!

Posts: 223 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I can say is WOW!

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron, that is a damn nice rifle right there. Lovely work. I will just say that the large recoil pad loses a little appeal for me, is it 1.5" pad or are the pics deceiving?

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
It just does not get much better than that.
Class
Style
Elegance
That wood!!!!!
I like it without the scope.
Bravo!

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Heart stopping old classic. I could have mistaken it for an original British Mauser action rifle at first glance.

Nice wood without the over the top exhibition grade and gloss finish of a safe queen.

Nice colour work too.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big game hunting rifle as they should be made and look. Very nice Sir.

Posts: 195 | Location: Thessaloniki, GREECE | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OUtSTANDING.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty!

Posts: 112 | Registered: 12 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you did REALLY GOOD ! what old world craftsman are you reincarnated from?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
About the only thing that I don't like about it is that it isn't mine!

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post

682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1021 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! Beautiful rifle and you can't beat that backdrop!

Posts: 571 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post

682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Little:

Damn...where was that - looks awesome.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nice work on a fine piece of walnut Aaron and if the customer ordered a thick pad, they get a thick pad. Fine taste on your customers' part as well.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5100 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
I'd be curious for feedback from the client as to how that stock design attenuates recoil.

Thanks.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
I'd be curious for feedback from the client as to how that stock design attenuates recoil.

Thanks.

With the drop in the heal?
My 458 Has plenty of drop so I don't need to drop into the stock and shoots so pleasantly that I can shoot all day long

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack O Connor was an icon outdoor writer. He and Elanor visited for an afternoon, my wife was mesmerized with his gift of story telling. We were fond of them!

Having said that, I think he was responsible for all the BS about straight comb stocks.

Some have carried it further by having the heel higher than he comb. Now..darn few humans are built to take advantage of THAT configuration.

Looks to me like Aaron's stock would be comfortable to most shooters. The straighter comb evolved because of scopes

Posts: 3454 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To answer a few questions/comments:

The hunt and pictures are from Northern TZ, west of Arusha in one of Robin Hurts concessions.

I didn't want a pad that thick, but there was an unseen inclusion that necessitated a shorter stock than originally envisioned. I'm 6'4" and wanted a long LOP, and after the inclusion, the pad was the best solution.

I don't think I am qualified to comment on the recoil/stock shape. I have only shot one other 404, but it was heavier than this rifle, so felt recoil was less, but not by much. Recoil on this rifle is totally manageable.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Very wise to save that great wood. Nice hunt pictures too.

QUOTE]Originally posted by StormsGSP:
To answer a few questions/comments:

I didn't want a pad that thick, but there was an unseen inclusion that necessitated a shorter stock than originally envisioned. I'm 6'4" and wanted a long LOP, and after the inclusion, the pad was the best solution.

[/QUOTE]

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5100 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who did the color case hardening?
It looks very nice!!