New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 505 Gibbs has Arrived
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is one of the rifles in the set of 6 being made for me, mostly from actions and barreled actions and stock blanks bought here on AR from fellow members. Now just the 458 Win Mag and 404 Jeffery and we're all done.

This one was a new MRC 1999 PH action that someone had waited a couple years too long for. I had 10 stock blanks from Singleshotguy, and sent one down to Bijou Creek to add to the others.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle! That ought to beat you up.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll do a 600gr at 2,150 fps...won't be too bad.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, Biebs, you sure put those stock blanks to good use!!!..Beautiful rifles!

Ed

Posts: 676 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Very perty Jon. Nice battery!

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Holy balls man.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow, Biebs, you sure put those stock blanks to good use!!!.

Ed, remember that pile of wood I bought from you? They're all rifles now :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, that looks great. Very nicely done.

What barrel is it?

I have one of the 505 Gibbs actions siting with a friend in VT, must have something done with it... One day!

DRSS

Posts: 1894 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe it's a Douglas, with NECG Masterpiece sights and barrel band. I like the quarter rib with the caliber engraved on the flat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking rifle. Looking forward to seeing the complete set.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You sick! (a twisted, freaky, masochistic kind)
With impeccable taste.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle!

Hard to tell from the photos, but it looks as though you had the flats on the receiver ring and bridge machined to accept BRNO style rings. Would that be accurate?

If anyone is interested, I have one of those actions I'm prepared to part with, since I already have a .505 Gibbs on a GM action.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, ready to scope, but I'm thinking a ghost ring peep would be cool, and appropriate for an Elephant rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what kind of wood is the forend tip??

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, not sure. They have red streaks running through dark brown to black. Maybe Rosewood?

One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
Jon: that is a very handsome .505. I am guessing by the profile of the fore end that your .505 holds 4 down and one in the chamber....am I right? Cheers. Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the rifles in this set will have the short, British-style forend. I haven't loaded it up yet, so not sure about magazine capacity.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, once again a lovely rifle.

What weight is it?

Look forward to you report on shooting then hunting with it.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1894 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoc:
Biebs, once again a lovely rifle.

Look forward to you report on shooting then hunting with it.

I am looking forward to seeing it offered for sale in the classified section dancing

Too nice a gun for you Biebs and can you shoot a big bore with a mercury kickstop ?

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go play Army with your new toys :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike told me he wanted to borrow it and carry it in his truck in case he gets stuck somewhere!

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, it wouldn't do him any good...it doesn't come with a 30-round magazine :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Enjoy!

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
That is a big kicker for a little bloke like you.

Nicely done though.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle Jon! And what is the price? Big Grin

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7510 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ah, I see a couple of Turds have surfaced in the bowl! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well after careful study - i have determined the following:
this is a beautiful rifle - much to good for a blaser owner
to shoot it the current owner must wear a sandbag on his shoulder and a pillow on his behind
that it will be for sale in the classifieds shortly after the 1st shot

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, I had the 8th 700 AHR rifle made, as well as 2 different 600 OK rifles and Verney Carron doubles in 600 NE and 577 NE. I love my big bores! You can shoot any of the big stuff provided you keep the velocity at 2,150 fps or below, which most of them are anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Butch, I had the 8th 700 AHR rifle made, as well as 2 different 600 OK rifles and Verney Carron doubles in 600 NE and 577 NE. I love my big bores! You can shoot any of the big stuff provided you keep the velocity at 2,150 fps or below, which most of them are anyway.

Shoot and hit something are two different things.

This is too much gun for you Biebs - time for the classified dancing

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You two guys crack me up!

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The deer must be very large in northern Jersey.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lindy, here's one of my 1 1/2 year oplds on the property. He still has a few years of growth yet. I usually use a 577, but thought I'd tone it down some :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BWAAHAHAHAHA on the tweener buck Big Grin Hell of a nice rifle Biebs, Congrats!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Gunner, it's a bit on the light side for you :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
You two guys crack me up!

Just pulling Biebs chain on his weak shooting abilities.

But mark my word this gun will be in the classified.

Biebs has a gun trading problem. Beats a gun hoarding and collecting problem by a country mile.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lindy, here's one of my 1 1/2 year oplds on the property. He still has a few years of growth yet. I usually use a 577, but thought I'd tone it down some :-)

That is a dandy buck! I hope he sticks around for you and for sure I hope he doesn't get hit by a car somewhere!

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Fat belly, straight bolt handle, open grip. Love it.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really beautiful rifle Jon. Hope you shoot it my friend.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michael, I think I'll leave this one with open sights, even though the bridged are machined for rings. My foray into leverguns got me back into using open sights. I'll just cut the distances and pick my shots....back to hunting the old fashioned way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think I know where I am going poaching next year Cool

Mike