THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Quarter rib/express sights on a 1903.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quarter rib/express sights on a 1903.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted
I just acquired a non drilled or tapped 1903 action, that I'm somewhat keen to build a rifle in the pattern of the G&H 1903's like this rifle

http://www.auctionflex.com/sho...eiid=9611070&lang=En

I'm curious if anyone has any good photos of a 1903 with a quarter rib and/or express sights?

Only Angels and Aviators have wings

Posts: 263 | Location: The frozen north, between deployments | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Have you found a supplier for your 1903 G&H styled stock yet?, if so do share. I recently had a 400 Whelen built on a 1903 and need that style of wood for it to make it complete.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted Hide Post
Great American Gunstock Company has two G&H style patterns advertised. But I met a local guy who hand carves stocks and has one that I'm seriously considering.

Posts: 263 | Location: The frozen north, between deployments | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Henry Pohl informs me Great Western Gunstock Co is closed. He has sold everything and the machines/inventory was sold to two individuals. One in Idaho and one in California.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great American Gunstock Co. is closed. Henry called me this last week to tell me.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm going with a hand carved one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Earl Smith:
Henry Pohl informs me Great Western Gunstock Co is closed. He has sold everything and the machines/inventory was sold to two individuals. One in Idaho and one in California.

http://www.walnutgrovegunstocks.com/

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Evans Compton has some of the original G&H stock patterns in his inventory. Some of the patterns were made by using parts of the original military stock grafted to newly made butt and forearm sections. 336 766 0271 I don't believe that he has a website.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 826 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Got screwed royally once from Great American.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote