THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Source for custom leather slings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for custom leather slings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for leather-smith who can make different custom slings. Don’t need engraving, Cobra-style or anything embellished, just hoping for choice of color, width, stitching and hardware. Thx

Posts: 228 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any good saddle maker can accommodate you.
Phil

Posts: 352 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Murray Leatherworks in Aledo, Texas makes great hunting gear.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7507 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had this fella make a few things for me. Very nice work.

http://www.rkleatherworks.net/shop.html

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too have used Murray and couldn't have been more pleased.
Phil

Posts: 352 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
There is a guy named Kade Gile in Kansas who is a wizard with remaking leather and canvas trunk cases. Is imagine he could do anything you wanted.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
So was the late Jim Wear in Laramie, Wyoming. Jim recently passed away on April 20, 2020. Jim made many custom leather items for me and for customers of AR's Chris Sells (Heym). RIP, Jim.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Will he posts on the classified site makes slings, wallets and all sorts of leather goods

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1501 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
So was the late Jim Wear in Laramie, Wyoming. Jim recently passed away on April 20, 2020. Jim made many custom leather items for me and for customers of AR's Chris Sells (Heym). RIP, Jim.

I have one of Jim's slings, top drawer to say the least. I very sorry to hear he has passed on, he had been fighting a chronic respiratory disease for a very long time. Great guy that will be missed, RIP Jim.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try Westley Richards.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2757 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have one of Jim's slings, top drawer to say the least. I very sorry to hear he has passed on, he had been fighting a chronic respiratory disease for a very long time. Great guy that will be missed, RIP Jim.

Chris Sells from Heym just sent me a PM and confirmed Jim's death as well. A great loss to the custom leather makers guild and to hunters and shooters.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, Texas is full of the best of saddle makers, geniouses with leather, they can make whatever you want...I like a 7/8 or 1 inch sling of soft latago leather..the wide slings of today claimed to ease the shoulder, seem to fall off the shoulder when running or climbing and in some cases can get real tricky...A thin soft leather sling clings like a tick on dog..I don't use a sling to shoot however, sooooo a one inch military style is hard to beat.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41748 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote