New
Find
Notify
Tools

Miller 375
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Someone picked up a bargain over the weekend.
Miller 375

John

Posts: 547 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watched this auction and you are right, the high bidder should be very pleased. It is a little sad to see such an iconic custom rifle reduced to nothing more than a commodity, the auction for this rifle was all too brief. There was an original single action pistol that sold for 325K, go figure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That appears to be RL Wilson's ( noted gun writer ) rifle that was one of a pair. The other being a 300 weatherby that is currently for sale at Holland & Holland, for $48,000 .

Posts: 59 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 01 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is a little sad to see such an iconic custom rifle reduced to nothing more than a commodity

Great Art takes time to mellow. Look at Van Gogh. Right before he died he couldn't give his stuff away. look at Ansel Adams. It took 38 years after his death for one of his largest iconic Moonrise photographs to reach a million
dollars.

KJK

Posts: 678 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Nice but I cannot stand sling swivels in stocks.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
that's a deal!

Assume the LOP works for you? That's what kills me on anything not custom. Mine is 15"

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...and the Colt SAA was a Custer battlefield pick up never out of one family for over 100 years, up for auction the first time. Many times rarer that a Miller rifle.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1787 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote