Find
Notify
Tools

Perfume for pigs.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
My buddy is not happy unless he's working on something.

Started as a stripped M1 Carbine receiver.
Add a 5.7 Spitfire barrel. Johnson and Spitfire are different.
Grafs has "Basic" brass.
Get forming dies. Make some handloads.

Ordered:
stock from Macon.
NECG irons (rear is D&T to the barrel through the handguard)
Not sure whose buttplate that is. I think the widows peak was removed.
Steel grip cap.

Custom scope mount.
Vintage Weaver scope and color case rings.

The stock was a bit light for my buddy so he stained it. finish is not filled but he could't wait to put it together.

The handguard barrel band is cool, actually a moded original M1c unit. He bought 2 endcaps , this Schnabel and one other one. I bought a Trapdoor cap also.

Posts: 6386 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the rifle floats your buddy's boat and he's happy with it, good for him.

Fortunately, beauty is in the eye of the holder. Otherwise, we'd all want the same thing. How boring!

Posts: 474 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
I have always loved the little M1 carbines, but of course they are banned here in Australia ( you know what us convicts are like! ), especially the mannlicher stocked sporters. The 22 conversions are neat but think a 6mm ( 243 ) would be a little handier.....the full stock versions always remind me of the guns the apes used in the original " Planet of the Apes ", Charlton Heston version...

Roger

Posts: 1034 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's some perfume you've got there Yuma!!!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 826 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote