New
Find
Notify
Tools

stock duplicating
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
who on AR is currently doing duplicating? I think this was mentioned recently but can't find the post. thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do give these people a wide berth ... there is a black hole over there and your gun and/or stock disappears into that hole never to reappear. No information comes out of that black hole either ... your emails and phone calls get sucked in but nothing ever comes out again.

Custom Rifle Stocks, Aaronsburg PA

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was that the old Micheal Kokolus company?
Terrible news if so, he did nice work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe he is on this board but Donnie Gemes at Show Me Gunstocks does excellent work. Donnie has done more than a dozen stocks for me, turnaround times are usually short. He formerly was with Fagen. Call him at (660) 438-4568 and discuss what you want.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
Whatever you do give these people a wide berth ... there is a black hole over there and your gun and/or stock disappears into that hole never to reappear. No information comes out of that black hole either ... your emails and phone calls get sucked in but nothing ever comes out again.

Custom Rifle Stocks, Aaronsburg PA

Are you talking about all stock duplicators?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 826 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Brian Dudley did one of my double rifle stocks and did a nice job. Pix on his site:
http://bmdgunstocks.com/

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that there are a few custom makers here on the site that have duplicators. Maybe due to the economy they might have some down time and would run a stock on their duplicator for you.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I've used these folks multiple times. Bought Michael's business. Very happy with results and communication.

http://www.gunstockduplicating.com/

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
I sold my 3 spindle duplicator with a pickup load of patterns and blanks to Sonoran Gunstocks in Tucson back in January. The shop already had a duplicator and has been doing stock work for years.

It should be set up and running by now. Do some googling, there is a website.

Posts: 1449 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shane Thompson
Thompson Custom Guns
mailto:shanekim@silverstar.com 1223 Bailey Creek Circle
Soda Springs, ID. 59011 208-547-0383

Shane duplicated a stock for me a few years back that was flawless. My stock maker turned around and had Shane make one for him as well.

Posts: 316 | Location: Jackson, Wyoming | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote