New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pictures of scope rings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for inspiration for a set of scope rings.

Please post pics!

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post

Top Notch.

Adam

Ammo, you always need more.

Posts: 463 | Location: Dresden, Ohio | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If only those had a set of Holden Ironsighters on top. Sweeeeet!!!!!!

Posts: 1743 | Registered: 25 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent start to the thread Adam.

Don't you have a gun or something to be working on?

I was thinking more along the lines of Burgess rings, old Buehlers, etc...

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
Couldn't resist......back to work I go.

Adam

Posts: 463 | Location: Dresden, Ohio | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
S&K's.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post

Shane Thompson

Adam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Nick Hughes. I believe he does the Burgess rings.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old Lynn Brownell made the best QD scope system ever, but they are almost impossible to find these days...I use mostly Talley QD and they have the Torx screw option or Hex? can't remember because I use the QD levers...They are the best IMO unless you can afford a set of claw mounts.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pete Grisel's.

S&K's.

Matt Williams rings in Michael Scherz bases.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Conetrol

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reto Buehler - does among other things, custom manufactured (Talley style) QD scope rings.

http://www.customsportingarms.com/scopemounts.html .. coffee

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These

or these

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Old style Warne Premiers, no exposed screws:

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Burgess knock off's

Early model Talley's

Some heavily messaged Warne's by Shane Thompson.

Maybe some insperation there in one of them.

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, those first pictures in Kobe's post look like----NO--- ARE my 35 Whelen. Kobe does a magnificent job making bases for Talley 's AND building rifles as does LaPour.
LaPour is doing a similar ( metal work) job on a Mex as we speak. When done, Kobe will do the woodwork and finish the steel. Damn fine combination that also shoot damn fine----from a man that BELIEVES----only accurate rifles are interesting.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are the kinds of posts I was looking for!

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Conetrol's.

Talley rings in Scherz bases.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wisner made some nice ones. Ask him for some info. A friend of mine got some drawings from him years ago when he was researching getting some made. He never went thru with it.
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Look up Smithson mounts.

They are wonderful.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wisner's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This mount (the base) was custom made by Bueler a long time ago for me for a single shot Savage shotgun for shooting deer slugs. I got much better slug guns and the mount and rings became surplus. Then I picked up an old Savage Model 220 in .410 so put the mount and scope on it. Reason? In Iowa one can shoot rabbits off the roadside with a shotgun using slugs, but not with a .22 rimfire.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For a hunting rifle Control has long been the king. Strong, sleek, built in windage. But now (and Control is really pizzed off) the S&K mount has moved into first.The base is like a Control but the rings are ONE piece of somewhat spring steel that is wrapped around the scope and inserted into the base. Easier than it sounds and bulletproof.

Why custom makers cling to these ugly vertically split Talleys is mystery to me.

http://www.scopemounts.com/index.html?main.html

Cheap ? no way but IF you have a discount account with Brownell's and Brownell's does not carry the S&K you want, S&K will extend you the discount buying direct.

For you M-1 guys, their military insta mount is a solid as the rifle and retains a "peep" sight.
A far less expensive alternative to a G&H mount.

Check em' out

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive used S&K's in the past, wasn't really impressed with them. If I made bases, that would be one thing, as the bases were what I was NOT impressed with.

There is a set of conetrol's on a .260 another gunmaker is finishing out for me, once it is done I will probably write up a report. The owner is a bit rough to deal with, but I really liked the product so far.

I have some pictures that Shane Thompson sent me, once I get them uploaded I will post them.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As with Conetrol S&K has different finishes available for rings and bases.You put a high gloss Conetrol and S&K equipped rifle next to one another and there is no real difference. Except that the S&K rings are one piece and you don't get bloody assembling them.

Really don't know what's not to like about this:

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Larry, Larry, you POS, WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING BACK.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Smithson's here?

I used to think they looked a little chunky until i saw a set in the flesh.

One day...

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1904 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Control and David Gentry

Posts: 105 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 105 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
stoinski,

Those are some nice rings, any info on them.

Adam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoinski:

Have you finished the bases yet?

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bases are Control and I believe the rings are too. The rifle was built by David Gentry and the action is hard chrome and the barrel is Teflon molly--the rings and bases aren't in the white but I don't know what finish.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoinski:
The bases are Control and I believe the rings are too. The rifle was built by David Gentry and the action is hard chrome and the barrel is Teflon molly--the rings and bases aren't in the white but I don't know what finish.

I was speaking of the base to receiver fit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just looked, the front base seems to have a tighter/smoother fit to the receiver then the rear base.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe I have this set up on 2 rifles. Conetrol bases , Gentry Featherlight rings. The rings are 1 piece w/ the split at the bottom. When in the bases, you cannot see the split.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote