New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mannlicher stock help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a shortened G33/40 in 250 Savage. The metalwork is by Ted Blackburn, stock by Jerry Fisher and engraving by Franz Marktl. Will post other Mannlicher stocked rifles shortly.

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 335 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another shortened G33/40 in 358 Winchester by Blackburn, Fisher and Marktl.

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 335 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a small ring Mex in 7X57mm. The stockwork is by Don Klein, metalwork by Herman Waldron and engraving by Dan Goodwin.

Edward Lundberg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the only Sedgeley 22 WRF (22 Special) repeater I've seen. Done on a Springfield m2. it is none-the-less small and lightweight.

\

Edward Lundberg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed, Can't see your pictures, but I want to!

Posts: 1131 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I tried my best. Am going to find a school kid to try next. Sorry about that!

Edward Lundberg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those kids can do it in their sleep. Every time I need pics posted, I have to grab a son. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4200 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eddiel4:
Well, I tried my best. Am going to find a school kid to try next. Sorry about that!

Hurry up Ed, those sound like GREAT rifles. popcorn

John Holliger

Posts: 547 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see them eddie~~

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1787 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I'm still having problems posting the pictures. Can anyone do so for me if I email them to you? Thanks...

Edward Lundberg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send them to me, I'll try. Email is in my profile.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've sent them. Thanks so much!

Edward Lundberg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed's pictures, hopefully in the right order.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look very closely, they are all different rifles. Wonderful all of them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree; nice work!

Posts: 4200 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle, that.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I might add that on one Brno 22 I bedded it tight due to the 9.3x62 rebore recoil..It was snug and I added a paint coat of glass for a perfect fit, a different approach than the others I did..It shot fantastic group and the guy that bought it says its never changed zero in the 12 years he has owned it...

The wood was Rusian walnut from Russia on the Turkish border that was imported by the late Bill Dowtin, good stuff..

I don't use plans, drawings, just use a rasp like an artist uses his pencil and cut out a stock by eye to suit myself. I use a 12 inch ruler, and mostly scrapers as I get close to my goal, right or wrong its worked for me..I reallly like the G33-40 Mauser, the Brno model 21 and 22 and the German Custom mod 35 as I recall, all the same action for the most part.

Always and interesting conversation..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote