New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark X customs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'd like to see some photos of some really nice customized Mark X actioned rifles. Anybody?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That action is not "junk" or anything close to it..but most makers would tend to place desirability at the lower rungs f or a high end custom

Posts: 3450 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used these actions and find them very good as the steel is not like the metal in old actions.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
In deference to most folks sensibilities I will leave mine out. It's real "Custom" , but only beautiful to me.

They are good, solid actions , and according to Speed, Mauser had a number of them built and marked with the Mauser banner during the 1970's

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4192 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A left hand Zasrtava

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody have close up pbotos of how they treated the bolt handle on their custom Mark X.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
dpcd is doing a LH Zastava for me in 7x57. He put on a new handle. Ask him for a pic.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a local smith who TIG welds. I had several zastava bolts filled out so the underside is round, then had them bent forward to be straight. They are on their way to have left hand M70 style safeties installed.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2140 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A left hand Zasrtava

I have owned a few Zastava (Mark X) rifles but I have never seen one that has a hole in the front ring. Is this something new on the newer rifles. Also curious about which safety was used.