THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Custom .338 Lapua 28" /9pds *More Pics*
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom .338 Lapua 28" /9pds *More Pics*
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Great Long range Elk Rig!Shot 3/8" with 250s..4.5-14x40mm Leup w/Boone-Crokkett Reticle...Rem Action,28" Rock SS barrlel with all the Bells n Whistles...By Bijou Creek

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that is nice...as soon as I figure out the picture posting thing, Ill send you some of mine. Maybe post a thread for the blueprints under the picture for all those viewing...This is going to be a great custom thread!

-Tony

Posts: 81 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How does that muzzle brake work? I was thinking of putting something similar to that on my 300 RUM. I love shooting it, but hate taking a beating. That's a good looking rig you got there!

Posts: 108 | Location: West Fargo, ND | Registered: 16 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
What a beauty,just picked up a REM 700 in 338 Lapua,can't wait to shoot it,might be my next plainsgame caliber,thanks for posting,I have been checking out BC's site a lot lately Big Grin

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Safarikid,

What is a 338 Lapua short match compared to a 338 Lapua?

I assumed this is a Mike Rock barrel 5R?

How long did you have to wait?

What is the contour number?

Did Mike Rock contoured the barrel and flute it?

Bill73 and Safarikid,

Did the M700 boltface need to be machine larger to accept the Lapua cartridge?

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Norseman,
This is what Mike at BC SAYS ABOUT THIS VERSION OF THE 338 LAPUA,

I get a lot of questions on the SHORT MATCH this is a special reamer designed to shoot factory ammo and handloads loaded to standard lengths (lengths that fit in the magazine) to be very accurate. Its a match chamber with a short throat gets the bullet real close to the lands. Any other 338Lapua is most likely chambered with a standard reamer better for machine guns or single shots not magazine fed rifles

RE-THE BOLTFACE,you can probably call up Mike at Bijou Creek and ask him about that,my rifle came ready to go from the factory.
quote:
Originally posted by Norseman:
Safarikid,

What is a 338 Lapua short match compared to a 338 Lapua?

I assumed this is a Mike Rock barrel 5R?

How long did you have to wait?

What is the contour number?

Did Mike Rock contoured the barrel and flute it?

Bill73 and Safarikid,

Did the M700 boltface need to be machine larger to accept the Lapua cartridge?

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Email Mike at Bijou Creek for all the proper answers thumb Here is the group Mike shot with it! Eeker

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BIJOUCREEK
posted Hide Post
Rock creek 5r stainless 1-9.4twist tight bore

rocks rem varment contour

3-4months turn around, Rock says there gettting better like 6 weeks turn around if thats the case 2-3 month time frame

I can flute or have rock flute them

I can use Rem 700, Stiller TAC 338, or Wby MK V actions

Rem 700 and wby mk v bolt faces have to be opened up to .590

any questions email me mike@bijoucreek.com

Posts: 155 | Location: Byers Co | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With Quote