New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock Maker
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My metal work is pretty much complete. I contacted and made some inquiries with a few stock makers that I know . They currently have a backlog or along with their work they have some large projects going on.
Looking for a talented stocker who can complete a custom bolt action hunting stock in a 5-9 month time frame.
Pretty straight forward projects, Pre64 Mod70 (300 H&H, .270 Win) ,Blackburn/Swift bottom metal, classic point checkering pattern,steel grip cap, inletted swivel.
Anyone have any ideas?
Feel free to PM me also.

Posts: 673 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check www.acgg.org website, lot's of talent there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you have the stock blank already?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would contact Jim Kobe above. He did outstanding work on mine in a VERY reasonable time frame and cost.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would contact Jim Kobe above.

I'd second that. Jim does the little extras, like little pedestals in the stock for the sling swivels, leaving the "Widow's Peak" on the top of the recoil pad, etc. Talented, fast and reasonable.

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
leaving the "Widow's Peak" on the top of the recoil pad

You’ll have to excuse my ignorance in regards to stockmaking, but I’m curious what this is or looks like? I’m familiar with the term “Widow’s Peak” when describing one’s hairline, I’m just trying to imagine this on a recoil pad. I do enjoy admiring the little details.

Sent from my iPhone

Posts: 663 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 15 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by +Templar+:
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
leaving the "Widow's Peak" on the top of the recoil pad

You’ll have to excuse my ignorance in regards to stockmaking, but I’m curious what this is or looks like? I’m familiar with the term “Widow’s Peak” when describing one’s hairline, I’m just trying to imagine this on a recoil pad. I do enjoy admiring the little details.

Here you go:

Posts: 748 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And do you also have the barrel and bottom metal; could be a game changer what with the delivery times of late

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might want to consider Chuck Grace in Colorado. You can find him on the ACGG site. Great to deal with and can do any remaining metalwork as well. Best of luck and Merry Christmas...

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 335 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Gundog.

Sent from my iPhone

Posts: 663 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 15 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
PM sent 4WD….

Posts: 602 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote