New
Find
Notify
Tools

custom rifle inquiry
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My son is an alaskan hunting guide and was given a custom rifle as a tip a few years ago. I recently had a chance to look the rifle over closely but we've not been able to find any info on the builder:

It is a post-64 CRF M70 action with a custom lightweight barrel chambered in .375 H&H. The barrel has the following words on it: "stockworks" and "mesa, arizona." The barrel had a break installed but he had it removed and the barrel shortened. The stock is synthetic and the fit to the action looks very precise. The chamber area is also bedded but the rest of the barrel floated. Workmanship looks first class.

Anybody know anything about this builder? thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's one that sold for $2,000, built on a Rem 700 action. Name of builder is included.

https://classic.gunauction.com....cfm?itemnum=7299857

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's his contact info, but i don't see a current listing for Weapons Mesa, so he may no longer be in business.

Robert Hisserich Company in 1834 S Los Alamos with phone number +14805452994

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks biebs