THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    just took delivery of my AHR .404
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

just took delivery of my AHR .404
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, Long time lurker. Thought I would post a link to my .404 that Wayne built for me. Many folks helped me along the way, SDH, Ray to name a few.

Wayne did a fabulous job. Functionally, and artistically.

Link to AHR .404

Minute groups with scope with Barnes softs and solids at 2192/2182 fps, 72/70 grains IMR 4320 respectively.

WTB Hornady brass if any folks out there can spare some.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.....congrats!!! Thanks for sharing.

DRSS

Posts: 1150 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Robullelk,

Congratulations, always a special thing when a project is finished and delivered. Makes all the waiting and worry melt away. You have a great rifle there, also like the special details on the peep and the Nitre on the pins.
Nice grain and structure on the stock as well.

JP

Formerly JPaul

Posts: 60 | Location: Central Valley, California  | Registered: 03 May 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle with very good wood grain, neat caliber!

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Very very nice.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I always enjoy seeing pictures of the build process!

Posts: 223 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle. Wayne does great work! What do you have planned for it?

Posts: 1418 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Robert~~
Wayne did a fine job with your rifle, glad to help with my very small part.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1778 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One very nice looking rifle, I always loved those pop up rear sights in those old Brno's

J Wisner

Posts: 1419 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have always been nuts about those pop up peeps ever since I saw my first "toilet seat" pop up in the rear square bridge of a Hoffman. I have several Brno 600s with that pop up peep. This .404 had its genesis when I saw the picture of the Mark Silver .404 in SDH's book some 20+ years ago that had a similar pop up peep. Unfortunately when I contacted Mark he said he was doing blackpowder rifles. Fast forward to 2019 I discovered Triple River in Mo who actually tooled up and was making the same pop up peep in the modern CZ 550. But alas when I got around to pulling the trigger he had stopped providing that service. Enter Wayne who tooled/ramped up to do it (sorry Wayne if I'm signing you up for more work !) During this long journey I acquired (and sold) an original Jeffery .404 (in cosmoline) built on the standard action, and also a G&H .404. Also, I might mention that Roger Ferrell duplicated that Mark Silver rear bridge peep in a 7x57 Ackley Improved he built for me.

Plans for the rifle are a trip to the Limpopo area for Mbogo.

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle. Congrats!

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1629 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous rifle!

Posts: 11 | Location: The First Coast | Registered: 30 August 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayne is great to deal with.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote