Find
Notify
Tools

With or without?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Didn't care for the tail. So, I removed it and had the checkering blended in.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, nice job there!

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With is nice if done right. That one looks much better now.

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Playing expert again CB? From your vast experience--3 stocks from semi-inlets, advising olive oil for a stock finish and having never done ANY metalwork at all, who are you trying to bullshit? Maybe you think that seeing your name in print will somehow convince others of your expertise and help to sell your overpriced gunstock blanks? Most of those blanks have cross-graining throughout and will never be strong nor stable And $500 for the American walnut blank--again,who are you trying to bullshit? ...Dave Wesbrook

Posts: 437 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Glad it's gone.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave. I ignored your last outburst. But, now it's time to clear a couple things up. I know exactly why you're upset with me. You made your best attempt to sell me a $14,000 build for $12,000 last year. In essence you made a "cold call" and made your best pitch which unfortunately was unsuccessful. It happens. I did appreciate the book and the disk you sent me. It was a nice gesture and I honestly enjoyed our conversations. You said it felt like I punched you in the stomach when I passed on your offer. I can understand that. No sales guy likes to hear the word NO. However, I had my reasons for not commissioning a rifle with you and I choose not to go into detail. There is no point in that. I just think you are doing yourself a disservice by bashing people on here. You seem to be a very talented individual. Why would you waste your time trying to create some sort of pissing contest with a novice tinkerer like me or anyone else on here for that matter? Anyway, sorry I had to pass. The deal just didn't feel right. I don't just drop $12,000 like it's peanuts. I hope someday you'll move past it.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I agree that it looks much better without the tail.

Regarding Dave Wesbrook's comment, seems like his jealous ego is always getting the better of him. Silly you to touch a stock without a nodding approval from the stock god. Unfortunately, I wasn't signed in when I looked at your thread and I could see what he wrote. He is the only person I have on “Ignore”. No degree of talent could justify his penchant for haughty snotty remarks. I guess he doesn't understand that forty years from now he won't be remembered for anything and his books will just be dusty old gunsmith writings from the turn of the century.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Without looks much nicer. Very nice job.

Posts: 97 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 06 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I like it without the tail.

Oops, forgot to ask: Dave, why are you such a cunt?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Craig Libhart does nice checkering.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave wesbrook:
Playing expert again CB? From your vast experience--3 stocks from semi-inlets, advising olive oil for a stock finish and having never done ANY metalwork at all, who are you trying to bullshit? Maybe you think that seeing your name in print will somehow convince others of your expertise and help to sell your overpriced gunstock blanks? Most of those blanks have cross-graining throughout and will never be strong nor stable And $500 for the American walnut blank--again,who are you trying to bullshit? ...Dave Wesbrook

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, If being a cunt is calling a spade a spade,disliking amateurs who pretend to be experts and give questionable or wrong advise to other members,or shysters who try to overcharge on poor quality goods, then I guess I'm a cunt. ..By the way, CB didn't give the entire story. I initially PM'd him in response to an add that he ran in classifides for several months saying that he would spend up to $9,995 for a custom .338-06. He wrote me 27 PM's which required long and involved answers and many hours of research to answer. On the next to last PM from CB he said that he would call me two days later to arrange a payment schedule. No phone call. A week later I PM'd him asking what was up. He PM'd me that he couldn't afford my work. OK, not mad about that,not everyone can afford my work. What pissed me off was that he intentionally tried to pick me mind and wasted my time doing research for him when he never had ANY intention of ordering work. ...Anyone that wants to know more PM me your phone # and I will return your call. Dave Wesbrook

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Dave,
None of the above gives you the right to come on to this post and act like a douchebag.

CB advertised that he was looking for $10K rifle bid and according to him you offered him a $12K build which he decided later is not what he wanted. That seems reasonable for someone to have buyer's remorse over and part of doing business. I'm in the business of working for clients who require a lot of time and effort building bids on and sometimes they wind up taking the information that I give them and go with one of my competitors, such is business. I certainly don't go around trashing them in public as it would make me look like a douche, personally and professionally.

Second, it's not your business what price he puts on the blanks that he sells. People advertise stuff for what they want or as an opening for further negotiations. Also if you have an opinion on the grain flow of a particular blank and want to ask him about it then you are certainly welcome to do so but if you are doing it just because you don't like the guy, then you're being a cunt again.

Just to follow CB's post and trash him because you have a disagreement with him is being a first class cunt.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Whistling

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Looks nicer without

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The custom gun industry has to be the only one where guys trying to sell something for a living are constantly making complete fools of themselves in public.

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks AH.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My stance remains the same.I believe that AR members should be informed of the shysters,amateur internet experts, crooks and tirekickers that post on AR. ...Would you rather make informed decisions or continue on in blissfull ignorance and continue to get screwed? Dave Wesbrook

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Blissful ignorance sounds good right now.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dave,

does this mean our relationship is taking a backseat to your fling with custombolt?

My feelings are hurt...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who is Dave Wesbrook?

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boxhead, Dave Wesbrook is a man who has helped educate several generations of custom gunmakers and stockmakers through his books and photography. He is also a man who is tired of dealing with the "internet experts" and their idiot and disrespective name calling friends on AR. ...Although he will still make an occasional non-controversial post on AR he will limit his help to only those AR members that PM him with a "real" name and phone number. ...The idiots have won, AR members have lost. ...David L. Wesbrook

one of us
posted Hide Post
Boxhead, Dave Wesbrook is a very talented, self absorbed dickhead (some use the word cunt, as they go together)that seems to enjoy nothing more than showing just how much of one he is every time he opens his keyboard. AR members have lost...their dickhead (what an ego).

custombolt, I really like it much better without. Nice work.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
The tail looked like covering up a mistake. Looks great now. Could get away with "wearing white at the wedding."

Life's too short to keep fumbling around for your nitro pills next to the keyboard. I mean it is the fucking internet full of imaginary friends.....

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry.
quote:

custombolt, I really like it much better without. Nice work.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave:

I don't have a god in this fight, but I have had a lot of customers "waste" my time in my software and real estate businesses. It is all part of selling. You learn after a while to read the "buying signs."

If I treated my customers like you do on this string I would soon be out of business. I can't tell you how many times I was initially turned down only to have a customer call me back months later.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
FMC. Pure enough to appear virgin? Thanks. I originally requested a tail at the bottom. Somehow something got misconstrued.