THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    waffenwerke oberspree kornbusch mauser
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

waffenwerke oberspree kornbusch mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One of the guys on 6mmbr bought this rifle with other items. He wants $800 for it. It has a Redfield 3200- scope in 24X and a Canjar set trigger.
http://forum.accurateshooter.c...73.new;topicseen#new

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where are my mauser guys? What is this thing?

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
The trigger is worth a good chunk of that $800

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Having recently purchased a Redfield 3200, if this one is in very good shape, it and the trigger may be close to the value being asked. As with anything, if I can't touch it.....

Oberndorf am Neckar is a place. Kornbusch & Co made some military 98 Mausers in the early part of the century. The rarity of which I do not know but it is only the action.

If anyone knows more than this or if my information is incorrect, please chime in.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, Kornbusch was a manufacturer of Gewehr 98s for WW1. Not as common as Mauser but not exactly rare. Once butchered into a sporter, no more desirable than anything else in terms of the receiver. The 1920 date, as stated, means it was one of the 100,000 rifles allowed for the post ww1 German Army. Those are very common; Gews having the extra date.

Posts: 17045 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote