Notify
Tools

Try Stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://postimg.cc/gallery/pHkm3CQ

This link will show a fully adjustable bolt gun try stock

Posts: 3450 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that the try stock that James Tucker uses?

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Made a trip to Duane's today...It's all Wiebe design!!! And cool as hell

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Noooo! This is the try stock that Duane Wiebe made and uses.

Adjustable for cast, LOP, pitch, drop and toe cast

Posts: 3450 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):

Outstanding, Duane! I wish more USA gunmakers would make and use them.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reaslistically...seems most rifle shooters are happy with off the shelf cookie cutter plastic..or if wood concerned mostly about figure.

A bolt gun try stock is most useful for DGR's..where a surprise may spring out of a clump of brush. That's where stock fit comes into it own...

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
That is a nice set-up. I'm interested to know how many hours you have in the design and construction.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a guess...about 35 Second one would most likely go faster. But I'll never know that for sure

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The try gun reminds me of the one I used when taking a lesson at the Holland & Holland Shooting School outside London about 50 years ago. When I had a couple of O/U double rifles/combination guns made by Krieghoff, they used the measurements I obtained from the try gun at the school. They are real pleasures to shoot and point beautifully.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having a record of measurements from H&H Shooting School is precious and taken for"gospel" world wide.

Would be nice to have the real estate for live fire..I don't...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Most of us adapt ourselves to the gun.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I feel fortunate that I was able to get fit on this try-stock here a few days ago. For a man of my geometry, I feel it will make all the difference in the final outcome of the build. My father was beside himself all day after spending an hour in your shop.

Posts: 160 | Registered: 19 September 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post

For Duane.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My thanks to custombolt for this posting. Sure wish I could get more enthusiastic about finding my way around computers..

Haverluk is a big guy (6'-6") and he's obviously an experienced shooter, so the fitting part was made easy for me.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. One step at a time will get ya there.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Duane, you’re almost 100 years old. Why did you wait so long?

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Custombolt, why do the Posimages disappear so quickly?

Posts: 425 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Beats me. Maybe Duane erased them by mistake or he didn't sign up/in and the pictures got deleted after so many days.
Sorry. No clue.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nope. Not Duane's doing. Mine. Sorry to point the finger your way Duane.

The only explanation is that I had forgot to SAVE them to my postimage library and they vanished and I had already deleted the pictures/email from Duane. But, stay tuned. As soon as I get them, I'll SAVE them and re-post them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 425 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Link didn't work for me.

Is it a copy of the H&H method? Seen here:

https://youtu.be/qUXoNUzAyvk?t=46

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that's perfection at work.
Amazing all the hand work.
No wonder why they cost so much.

Great video, thanks Austin for the link.
Very much enjoyed watching that.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nor sure what happened, though my computer crashed (can't open windows) Geek squad still trying to fix..meanwhile, new computer time..with all old data unavailable!

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Good thing "it" didn't eat your AR history.
If you take new ones, send new pics of the try stock to my email and I'll throw them on here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haverluk:
quote:

I feel fortunate that I was able to get fit on this try-stock here a few days ago. For a man of my geometry, I feel it will make all the difference in the final outcome of the build. My father was beside himself all day after spending an hour in your shop.

Curious what lop ended up being with you being 6’6” and was it a lot different than you expected.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny reb:
quote:
Originally posted by Haverluk:
quote:

Curious what lop ended up being with you being 6’6” and was it a lot different than you expected.

I ended up at about a 15” lop. That is about what I expected. I have other rifles with 14.25” to 15.25” pulls and have found that 14.75 to 15” is my personal sweet spot with regard to bolt action rifles.

Posts: 160 | Registered: 19 September 2016Reply With Quote