THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Cheap Ruger custom, exotic caliber, nice wood.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap Ruger custom, exotic caliber, nice wood.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
1100-ish

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5095 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But it's pretty close to butt ugly. OK, it is butt ugly.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that comes under the heading of "paying extra for ugly".

Posts: 662 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As an engineer I worked with at one time would say, "It's fine as far as form, fit, and function goes, but it looks like shit."

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
No doubt the stock shape is hideous and besides I'm not a Ruger single shot fan.
Yet, it seemed to be worthy of a serious rework of the stock. I see potential there. Nobody else see that?

Posts: 5095 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
After another look, yeah .... well ... nah ... Not worth the time and effort. What was I thinking? Wood fever? Hah!
Sorry.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it's worth what their asking, how much is the Kepplinger trigger worth assuming it's installed properly? Reshaping the stock would go a long way to making it better, and it will still be worth $1400 or less.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1169 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
After another look, yeah .... well ... nah ... Not worth the time and effort. What was I thinking? Wood fever? Hah!
Sorry.

Kinda like putting wheels on a miscarriage.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The fit of the stock to the metal is horrific. No checkering, and no figure in the wood and wood finish is horrific.

The reminds me of that leopard mount Saeed posting some years ago...anyone remember that?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All four of the Ruger #1s I used to own looked better that that one. But they all were very ugly in the accuracy department, thus, they are gone.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Somebody got my original drift.
dancing

quote:
Originally posted by matt salm:
I think it's worth what their asking, how much is the Kepplinger trigger worth assuming it's installed properly? Reshaping the stock would go a long way to making it better, and it will still be worth $1400 or less.