New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns international 101239382
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
You fellows that like Heym or Ralf Martini type bolts owe it to yourself to look at this bolt action on Guns International.
I would almost call it an heirloom piece as a specific part was supplied by a premier organization.
A good friend of mine that buys and trades high end guns brought it to my attention last night.
These days I am spending more on hunts than shooting' irons.
It is very tempting.
Take a look for you African purist in a classic cartridge offering. Not a bad asking price..
Would much rather have it than the ones mentioned above and those are very fine rifles.
Not sure how to post a pic but if someone does the grab it and put it on here.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will excuse me when I offer the opinion that my .416 Rigby, built on an original Oberndorf Magnum Mauser action by Dennis Erhardt, is a better value. I traded for it, and had less than the asking price invested in the trade goods. I also prefer its design and execution.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The stock shows some lines that appear to be fractures or on the verge, I would want a 3 day inspection on this gun, it fact any gun in the price range of either of these gun I would have to have it in my hands to offer a price..Anyone can buy a gun, buying a good one is the trick..Ive been burned a few times, had to return some, some I couldn't get done, so had a lot of work to do to get it right or at least break even..One thing Ive learned in the gun trading addiction is everyone sees a gun in a different light...an inspection period allowing shooting if possible is the best precaution you have, not perfect but???? When I sell a gun, I give a three day inspection no questions asked, its just easier that way..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I agree with xausa but there are only so many great deals like that.
And the Heym/Martini, or should it be called the Martini/Heym ? Is a great rifle .

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote