New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ryan Breeding 300 RUM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend of mine has an unusual rifle from Ryan Breeding, the builder of big bore African rifles. It is a synthetic rifle in 300 RUM with 25" fluted barrel on a Granite Mountain Magnum action. He is looking to move it and will send me photos shortly.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

Please Forgive my intrusive question, but did that Breeding Rifle ever show up, you don’t usually see them coming up sale very often. True hardcore battle rifles they are.

JP

Formerly JPaul

Posts: 60 | Location: Central Valley, California  | Registered: 03 May 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He still has it. Let me know if you're interested and I'll work on getting photos and info.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Granite Mountain action, Swarovski scope.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Nice. Those are Smithson fixed rings, aye?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, PM Received and replied to.

Thanks
JP

Formerly JPaul

Posts: 60 | Location: Central Valley, California  | Registered: 03 May 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes on the Smithsons, it has all the best components.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where else can you find a Ryan Breeding build for under $10K ????

One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
Looks like the rifle Mark Buchanan used on one or two of his DVDs.

Posts: 425 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More than 15 years ago, I wanted to have an already owned GMA barreled action stocked by Ryan to use on Alaskan moose float hunts. I called him and he said he makes his own stocks from scratch. They take the same amount to build as a wood stock. The quoted price was $14k. I graciously declined. He’s an excellent gunsmith and is not a mass producer. I remember one rifle sold here years and years ago similarly to this one for over $12k. This rifle is fairly priced. You can be assured there is nothing that needs to be done to it.
Pat’s rifles are GMA’s actioned and built by Joseph Smithson himself from top to bottom.He also builds the most aesthetically pleasing synthetic stock in the industry.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks MLF. The Swarovski comes with this one at the listed price. Offers entertained.