One of Us
posted Hide Post
As nice as any of them !!!!

Hang on TITE !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brent:
Not a custom on par with most of those here

The hell you say. Looks pretty nice to me. Not every custom has to be a classic bolt action. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3521 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I agree 100%, Bill.

However, the point of the thread was about "pretty rifles" not being used.
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
We have a few folks complaining about pretty rifles not being used.........

In regards to that, I say that all rifles are made to shoot. There is nothing wrong with taking measures to prevent unnecessary abuse to a rifle but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take it out and use it.

This .300 H&H single shot rifle has been on several hunts covering four states and it may go with me on a Colorado elk hunt this year. I'm still not sure if I want to take it or one of my rifles in .405 Grenadier. The determination will be made on the probability of having to make a long shot. If long range is in the mix the .300 H&H will be the choice.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Simson .405 WCF with McGowan Barrels and Dudley wood:

Nilgai for birthday BBQ!

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is my first true custom rifle. It gets hunted a lot and it is also a very well used target rifle. Frankly, competition target shooting is a lot harder on my best rifles than hunting is.

Something like a dozen or 15 people were involved in this rifle in some way. It gets configured many different ways depending on what needs to be done.

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here it is in another configuration

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of nice custom rifles pictured on this thread, most of which if they were all scratched up, dented, and blue worn plum off I would love to have...A custom rifle is a custom rifle and like my old rope horse, he may be worn and hollow in the back but he has done his job for many years...What more can one ask.

A closet queen is just that, a closet queen, and a wasted gun, if you've seen one you have seen them all..Just my take on the subject.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Days gone by
Hartmann und Weiss .416 Rigby build around a Brevex Magnum action.
Botswana

Posts: 230 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brent:
This is my first true custom rifle. It gets hunted a lot and it is also a very well used target rifle. Frankly, competition target shooting is a lot harder on my best rifles than hunting is.

Something like a dozen or 15 people were involved in this rifle in some way. It gets configured many different ways depending on what needs to be done.

Lovely. I like that one.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brent,

I never get tired of looking at your lovely little Low Wall. It is elegant.

Jerry Liles

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mostly I hunt with custom rifles that I build for myself, I don't abuse them but I sure don't baby them along, I treat them like a hunting rifle...Ive always thought the best thing to do with a custom rifle is whip some brush with it first day out and get rid of that nonsense..Every scratch carries a memory, even that break in period...True I can refinish and rechecker, reblue one of my rifles, but I don't, the memories of the surface damage, the wearing of blue, its all part of the experience..Not for everyone, just speaking for myself..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wiebe Custom rifles at work.

Posts: 3450 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Being used as they should be!

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2790 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Posting for D'Arcy Echols:

".505 Gibbs. Made with a Hartmann and Weiss receiver - and a lot of sweat."

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
Posting for D'Arcy Echols:

".505 Gibbs. Made with a Hartmann and Weiss receiver - and a lot of sweat."

Beautiful rifle!

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote