New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW DSB M70
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
At DSC-new manufacture M70,cloverleaf tang,checkered bolt stop,Oberndorf style straddle FP+triggerguard FP release.5!!sizes.magnum sizes have 0.800 bolt dia.$2k for mini&K to$2300 for magnums.www.richardsonand roberts.comAnyone else seen them?what do you think?Had AL Lind takea look-he liked them.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really like the look of these.

Do they hold four and five down like a Pre-64 or three and four like a classic?

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not sure.want to have Al Lind do a little 243 to be as small as mt Fred Adolph K so 3 is fine for me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OOPS!cant read 6 different sizes!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would really like to see them but I get nothing with that web address.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Website came up for me. Does show pricing and features.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm trying but not finding them. Triple checked spelling. Nutz!!!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
http://richardsonandroberts.com/

ADam

Ammo, you always need more.

Posts: 463 | Location: Dresden, Ohio | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks AB got it now. Crazy computer!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw them today at DSC. Nice looking receiver!

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how many they hold down in the magazine, if they handle gas like a P64 or a Classic, and if they are shipping now?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Think these were prototypes they had there.i really liked them&dragged Al Lind overthere to save me from myself but he liked them.No help.So here i am 50 yrs later starting all over ordering custom rifles again.They have contact info on their web site.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you know if they are all machined from billet or investment cast?
Thanks

Posts: 107 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 23 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first page said billet. 8620 specifically.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are 8620 and will be shipped case hardened or will let the smith have it done if they want to whittle on the metal. About .020" case is what they told me.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Question is, are they showing or really delivering? I've seen a couple of companies that had actions to show but when you went to order nothing happened. Their website shows computer models but no photographs of actual actions.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 826 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, they had 2 real ones at the DSC and somebody had another that was similar in the ACGG area.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW, nice, I would love to do a Bartlien barrel and legend stock gun! very best

Posts: 129 | Location: SW GA | Registered: 01 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Summary as I understand lean manufacturing.
They will not build any inventory without a solid market forecast or firm orders.
I would suggest phone calls and a visit to the place to see what capabilities they have.

Quoting the site

As a result of our lean manufacturing techniques we are able to offer a variety of custom features to our customers. Most of our actions are made to order, so when you place your order please specify what options are desired.

Bolt handles are offered in both a swept back (like the original model 70) and a straight down configuration. For an additional fee a checkered bolt handle is also offered.
Actions may be ordered with or without square bridges.
The rear tang can come in either a “clover leaf” shape or left in a modern Model 70 style.
Triggers come standard in a Pre-64 style, but for an additional fee a Jewel trigger is offered.
“Custom” is the key word describing our actions, so if there are any other features you desire please let us know and we’ll try to accommodate your request.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Well, they had 2 real ones at the DSC and somebody had another that was similar in the ACGG area.

Reason I asked was because there was a company called CST at Camp Perry a couple of years ago touting a really great looking and working action, but when you went to get one there was nothing available. I was supposed to get an e-mail when the actions became available but I haven't heard anything from them or seen one of their actions since.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 826 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I may be wrong but I would bet a soda pop these are being made by GMA and in that case with their reputation I'm sure delivery will be prompt. My guess would also be that more work detailing the actions to specific cartridges scope mounts etc. will be needed, expect to pay at least another 1,000 getting it fine tuned.

Posts: 321 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An M70 doesn't feed off the rails so you wouldn't be spending a bunch to have the rails worked on.

Also I doubt GMA makes them because a partner in the project is a machinist. The other partner is a gunmaker who uses GMA actions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RyanB,
I think that Nick is right. I am a somewhat machinest, gunsmith and my partner is an engineer. He designs, I do the prototype work. We then let a good CNC shop produce our product.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess that makes sense and would explain some of the styling of the rifle. Surprised at the price if that is the case. It would mean a high likelihood of actions actually shipping, as compared to some other companies what fold at this point in the venture.

I emailed for some information, haven't heard back yet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got an answer from Mr. Roberts. Five rounds in standard and four in magnum.

What other questions do we have? I can compile them into an email tomorrow and post the answers here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I image it will be later this week before they get back to Vermont. I hope that it is the real deal.

One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
I just got an email back from him, 90 days per order. Adam

Posts: 463 | Location: Dresden, Ohio | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are the terms?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After some of our AR members and other people having bad dealings with receiver makers, I would be hesitant to just jump in for one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course. No one wants to buy something from the next Waffenfabrik Hein. That's why I ask what the terms are. If you don't have to pay up front it's a lot more tempting.

One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
Did anyone get pictures of the real thing?

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1017 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
Adam,

We require a $500 deposit to get started on your action and then the remainder will be due on delivery. When you are ready to order you can mail a check to me with a list of your actions specifications. Please indicate what action model, whether left or right hand and specify any custom features you would like. These can be found on our website on the Action Styles page.

Thank you for your interest,

Matthew Roberts

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
2K and that doesn't get your knob checkered?!?!?!?

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's in line with the pricing on Dakota actions and much cheaper than GMA or Satterlee Mausers, which don't come with checkered knobs either.