New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy Scolarship Rifle Project
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Time flies...this project was completed 10 years ago! At the time, a video was offered, sold out and though there was demand, nobody could come up with one or duplication.

The video shows the mealsmiting, sockmaking. engraving and knife making.

Iv been assured the scholarship is depleted and have been given the go ahead to reproduce the one I have found.

Not sure about cost, just want to cover my out of pocket..Any interest?

Posts: 3435 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for one.

Denis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me too!

Posts: 420 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm interested. Any idea what you'll have to charge?

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm interested

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m interested.

Posts: 55 | Location: TN | Registered: 20 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am in.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am interested.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, please.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK....I'll go ahead with making copies..Thanks

Posts: 3435 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane sent you a pm

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Duane!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes

Craftsman

Posts: 1530 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
Please.

Posts: 344 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll put up a new post when I have them ready

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane,I'll take one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too would like one-Cam

Posts: 157 | Location: san francisco bay area | Registered: 23 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Always something! My computer guy says there's

some sort of "re write protection" on the disk. Now we need to find a talented 12 yr old!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane.
Success and cost dependent, would you be prepared to ship across the "Pond"?

Regards.

Ratty.

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I am interested but don't have a grandchild that young. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ratwhiskers:
Duane.
Success and cost dependent, would you be prepared to ship across the "Pond"?

Regards.

Ratty.

Of course..but I MAY have a source of duplication closer.I'll certainly keep you in mind Thanks Duane

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane, thank you Sir, that's very much appreciated.
l shall be happy to join a long and esteemed list of hopefuls.

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The one I have won't play. The player says, "cannot play a UDF mastered dvd."

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
quote:
UDF mastered dvd

UDF is a very old unsupported Format. You would need to convert it in order to play it.

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would it be helpful for me to email you a pdf of it? Come to think of it, what I have is more like a photo slide show not really a "video". So I'm not sure what I have is what you are referencing.

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did anything ever come of this?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like a copy!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well...I tried. A "person" copied the disc for me to use as a vehicle for copying. He put his own "lock" on the video so it could NOT be copied.

All this is above my pay grade. Did the next logical thing, got pissed off and said "The hell with it"

I'll try and resurrect this.

Never ends! Found the "uncopiable" disc. tried to play it and the damn thing will not fit the center spindle on my newer computer turntable. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Duane.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane, I'm still interested in a copy! Thanks for not giving up on this!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I still would like a copy as well, thank you DW if you can find a work around.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
Well...I tried. A "person" copied the disc for me to use as a vehicle for copying. He put his own "lock" on the video so it could NOT be copied.

All this is above my pay grade. Did the next logical thing, got pissed off and said "The hell with it"

I'll try and resurrect this.

Never ends! Found the "uncopiable" disc. tried to play it and the damn thing will not fit the center spindle on my newer computer turntable. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

I've got a copy around some place. If I can find it I'll put my people on it. Come to think of it, I've got a similar disc that Clayton did many moons ago, maybe I can do them both.

John

Posts: 537 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Found my disc, says copyright by a MR Bieber. Anyone know who he is so we can get permission?

John

one of us
posted Hide Post
And we were able to copy it to our hard drive, so as soon as we get permission we can make it available. It is a PDF so how about we load it to our web site and people can download it if they like.

John

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
How is it possible the MR Bieber can copyright my photographs?

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1629 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
As far as I am now concerned this is official notice that anybody who wants to can copy it if the Searcy's and the artists who made the rifle and knife are okay with it. The disc was copyrighted to dissuade folks from copying the CD and giving free copies or selling unofficial copies and thus profiting themselves when the scholarship was active and we were trying to sell them to raise money.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made the knife. Copy at your pleasure. Was a great project that I was proud to be a small part of.

Posts: 79 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 28 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've got a similar disc that Clayton did many moons ago

GasGunner are you referring to Clayton Nelson's video building a custom rifle ? He made two that I'm aware of. One is much more detailed than the other.

Craftsman

Posts: 1530 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
one of us
posted June 27, 2022 2:52 PM Hide Post
And we were able to copy it to our hard drive, so as soon as we get permission we can make it available. It is a PDF so how about we load it to our web site and people can download it if they like.

It would be great if we could do it that way.

Greg

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Craftsman:
quote:
I've got a similar disc that Clayton did many moons ago

GasGunner are you referring to Clayton Nelson's video building a custom rifle ? He made two that I'm aware of. One is much more detailed than the other.

Yes, Clayton Nelson. I was not aware he made two. I've not looked at it in probably 8 years or so. Hence my concern if I can even find it again. Met him while I was teaching a class at Trinidad. Spent an evening each year hanging out in his garage shop talking custom rifles and gunsmiths. I have not done the class for several years, miss those visits.

John