New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dakota 76 Bottom Metal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know if the Dakota 76 long magnum action bottom metal has the same action hole spacing as the Dakota 76 416 Rigby bottom metal?
Is the stock inletting the same for both bottom metal? Wanting to replace long magnum length .375 current bottom metal with a trigger bow release bottom metal from a non drop belly from a .416 Rigby Dakota . Want it to drop in without modifications to the stock.

Posts: 670 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 375 H&H Model 76 Dakota' If I can help you with some measurements call me @ 480-661-5426.

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
no

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1839 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Larry & James.
I have the Mod76 3 round .375H&H long magnum length button release bottom metal and wanting to find the same length bottom metal with the plate release in the trigger bow.

Posts: 670 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:
non drop belly from a .416 Rigby Dakota

never seen such an animal. at least back in the 90s there was only drop mags for a Rigby length action.

375 length was the same overall length as an 06 opened up and the front guard screw moved forward. There were 3 different floormetals for this action. The one you have, the 09 style and the drop mag safari 09 style.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1839 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunmaker:
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:
non drop belly from a .416 Rigby Dakota

never seen such an animal. at least back in the 90s there was only drop mags for a Rigby length action.

375 length was the same overall length as an 06 opened up and the front guard screw moved forward. There were 3 different floormetals for this action. The one you have, the 09 style and the drop mag safari 09 style.

True.

I built my 375/404 on this action.

Trouble was I could not find a suitable stock in time.

So I used an MPI stock which was not for the drop down.

Now part of the magazine sticks under the stock.

The rifle has been toAfrica so many times, used by many hunters, and works like a charm.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote