New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is anyone else having trouble getting them to stop regular monthly payments? I have been to the CC company on four different occasions trying to get them to stop paying but no luck yet. Can't contact them by email or phone either.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5499 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim, the easiest way to resolve the problem is to have your CC issue a new card/number. Pretty much instantly stops all revolving charges.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And...dispute the charges!

Posts: 3438 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I used to get resolve for this type of crap just sending in a complaint to the Attorney General's office. That was when Corbett was in office. My last 2 under the current Governor Wolf were not addressed.
Might be worthwhile to give it go Jim. Not hard to do online. Just go to the AG site for MN and click on complaint. Tell them when you cancelled service and how much you've been charged since then. My cases were resolved after the AG sent them a copy of the complaint.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a bit of an update on this. To reiterate a bit, I was having a time trying to get them to stop my monthly auto pay, This started about 5-6 months ago. Every month I would get a charge to to my CC and would go to the card company to get it stopped. Photobucket would not answer the phone or emails. The CC company would block the charge and tell me it would stop.

About two months ago I got pissed and they told me it would be necessary to cancel my card and they issued me a new one. Well, I just got another charge and they had my new card number! How in the hell did they get it? It turns out, Mastercard had a way around it and gave Photobucket my new card info.

Called again and they said they would cancel my current one and issue me a new one, again!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5499 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you read deep enough into the fine print, you have probably agreed to this by continuing to use the card. The only way to I know to break a chain like this is to cancel the card outright and apply for and open a new card (probably with a different company depending on how ticked off you are).

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
this is why I use Amex. case closed.

Posts: 6373 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never give any company their autopay option, I always set it up through my bank to "push" money automatically rather than giving them permission to "pull" it. That way you control the spigot.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple of credit cards skimmed. Talked security guy at Citi Bank once. He said the reason you get a new card number but a vendor can still do auto pay is they work off a security code number they issue to vendors, not your card number. You can get a new card but vendors can still auto charge you. They request the code from the credit card company and they give it to them. Not much you can do.

Its best no to sign up for anything autopay.

To will have to work back through Photobucket more than likley to get it to stop, which sucks or may not even have a way to do it. Everythings a freakin scam anymore.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post